OpenStack Operations Support Engineer
Mirantis has more experience delivering OpenStack clouds to more customers than any other company. We build the infrastructure that makes OpenStack work. We are profitable, have strong investors, and ample cash reserves. We are proud to be Founding sponsors of OpenStack, and to serve on the OpenStack Foundation Board.
What Linux was to open source and operating systems, OpenStack is to cloud computing. It makes programmable infrastructure vendor-neutral and frictionless to access, not to mention it unlocks distributed applications and accelerates innovation. It transforms virtualization from an efficiency to a whole new compute paradigm.
Our team is driven by deep engineering skills and a love of cutting-edge projects. If you’re an ambitious software engineer or systems architect and thrive on getting tough, real-world problems solved with a smart, motivated team, you want to work here.
We need skilled, disciplined support engineers driven by solving problems with thoroughness and determination: managing client incidents, problem analysis, technical architecture review, and application virtualization remediation, along with the collaborative skills to enable teams to successfully work through development, testing, and deployment.
- Primary entry point for client incidents, managing live issues until resolution.
- Escalation of issues as needed to engineering teams.
- Reliably work set “shift-patterned” schedule.
- Fast learner; learning OpenStack projects via in-house mentoring.
- Support Linux and OpenStack in both production and preproduction environments for external clients.
- Respond to client submitted tickets and document all work performed.
- Log OpenStack bugs with Mirantis engineers and/or community resources.
- Contribute to OpenStack community via feedback and insight into chronic issues.
- Understanding of cloud computing domain, key players and technologies.
- Experience in supporting large-scale multi-tenant infrastructure level services (load balancers, firewalls, etc.)
- Experience with supporting external clients at the enterprise level.
- Self-starter, taking initiative and requiring minimal oversight.
- Ability to spot trends and recommend solutions.
- Good understanding of operational concepts with focus on critical support.
- Experience with HA solutions; HA-proxy, Pacemaker, Corosync.
- Familiarity with OpenStack, and the willingness to be trained to expert level.
- Practical experience with Linux/Unix system administration and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with production monitoring and alerting.
- Excellent understanding of data center organization, including hardware configurations and networking.
- Willingness to be primary entry point for client incidents, managing live issues until resolution.
- Extreme focus on customer service and satisfaction.
- Python, Puppet, and Cobbler experience are pluses.
- Ability to directly interact with clients via phone/email in fluent English.
- Solid familiarity with experience with either OpenStack, CloudStack, VMWare vDirector or other cloud management frameworks.
What We Offer
- Work in the Bay Area with established leaders in their industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues.
- Work with large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use.
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth.
- Telecommuting is an option.