Provides perioperative patient care by assuring proper OR suite preparation (pre and post operatively). Functions as a scrub tech during operative procedures. Performs other duties as assigned. Certain job responsibilities may not be listed, see each department's job description for specifics for that department.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs and assists with scrub technician duties during operating procedures which is appropriate to the age of the patient population.
2. Applies and enforces principles of aseptic technique, sets up case for each surgery, removes all used linens and instruments from each case.
3. Services supply room, washes instruments and assists with clean-up duties. Prepares OR suite with proper supplies, equipment, etc. according to the day’s surgery schedule.
4. Maintains service inventory: acts as a liaison between physicians and OR staff, orders equipment and supplies, maintains equipment for that service.
5. Participates in and fosters an approach to continuously improving quality through Six Sigma methodology that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities and performs other duties as assigned.
6. Enhances positive relations with all customers, including patients, families and Center staff in other departments. Enhances the practice of family centered care and provides individual customer focus and practices service recovery.
7. As a representative of the Center, demonstrates responsibility and accountability for enhancing positive interactions and for diffusing negative interactions.
High school graduate or equivalent required. Completion of surgical course work required. Participates in FMC University classes or FMC University graduate preferred.
Annual CPR certification. CST preferred.
Previous surgical experience.
Fairfield Medical Center - 2 years ago