The Operating Deputy works closely with his/her Manager to help steward, coordinate and manage the activities of the Manager’s Office. The Deputy is responsible for helping set priorities, coordinating the schedule to use time and resources effectively, and completing high-reliability follow-up on task tracking and completion. The Deputy may act in the Manager’s stead in meetings and other situations, when necessary, demonstrating a high degree of judgment and professionalism.
The Deputy identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends courses of action for the Manager’s review while providing knowledgeable and strategic insight and is a key ally to the Manager in navigating the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in complex organizations, in different departments and positions.
- Demonstrated ability to execute operationally and navigate organizations to “get things done”.
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- Comfort with web and financial analysis; able to present analytical data to broad and executive audiences.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong team player with an ability to build relationships in a climate of trust.
- Resilience with an ability to focus and stay on track.
- Ability to represent the Manager with integrity, honesty and trust.
- Solid project management skills: ability to think carefully through the ‘steps to complete a complex task’.
- Advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and application software, and an ability to quickly grasp concepts and translate them into documentation. Ease with learning new software and databases.
- Exceptionally well-organized.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Coordinate organizational and administrative activities and act as the Manager’s steward/agent/point of contact.
- Assist in planning and conducting project kick off meetings, documenting project scopes, tracking and managing project plans and providing guidance to teams.
- Working with other staff, strategically manage the Manager’s time and calendar, helping to set and manage priorities and schedules.
- Drive project planning, managing priorities and focusing capacity against key operational goals.
- Create and implement operational reviews, metrics and analytics.
- Set up and maintain team sites and applications for project calendar and milestone tracking.
- Collaborate with Manager and others to prepare executive presentations as needed.
- Work closely with and support the efforts of divisions across the organization to ensure teamwork and communication as well as timely follow up.
ConsumerReports.org - 10 months ago