The OR Nurse assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for all patients including newborns, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly; disabled to include visually and hearing impaired; and individuals of varying ethnic and religious backgrounds to include those who do not speak or understand English. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. The OR Nurse serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. The OR Nurse recognizes medical emergencies and responds appropriately. Initiates CPR if required. Assists surgical team in administering advanced cardiac life support measures when necessary and Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services. The OR Nurse shall not recommend patients consult a specific practitioner or specific practice and must attend and participate in clinic staff meetings and professional activities as directed.
The OR Nurse shall seek and maintain interpersonal relationships with clients/families and co-workers which contribute to mission accomplishment.
* The OR Nurse shall respond appropriately to clinical emergencies.
*The OR Nurse shall be cognizant of patient and staff safety through safety awareness, proper infection control and promotion of clean, orderly clinic environment. Recognizes reports and corrects potential safety hazards.
*The OR Nurse in partnership with the military staff be assigned to a medical disaster/contingency team and participate in monthly training sessions or scheduled mass casualty exercises held at the MTF.
* The OR Nurse shall perform administrative duties that may include monthly peer review, maintaining statistical records of his or her clinical workload, participating in medical education programs, and participating in quality improvement functions and other duties as prescribed by the Flight Commander.
*The OR Nurse's productivity is expected to be comparable to that of other comparable positions assigned to the same position and authorized the same scope of care.
* The OR Nurse shall prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF to include but not limited to: timeliness, legibility, accuracy, content, and signature. Only MTF and Air Force approved abbreviations can be used in the documentation of care in the health care record.
* The OR Nurse shall not recommend to the patient that he/she consult a specific
practitioner or use a specific practice.
* The OR Nurse shall be responsible for creating, maintaining, and disposing of only those Government required records which are specified by the 96 Medical Group (MDG).
* The OR Nurse shall treat patient lists, no matter how developed, as privileged information. Lists and/or names of patients shall not be disclosed to or revealed in any way for any use outside the MTF without prior written permission by the Chief of Hospital Services.
OR Nurse shall meet all licensing/certification requirements to perform as an Operating Room Nurse, to include the following:
* Have a Bachelors degree or graduated from an accredited nursing school acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF.
* Completion of an Operating Room Nursing Course is mandatory
* Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Basic Life Support (ACLS)
* Experience as an OR Nurse for at least 12 months within the last 24 months in operating room assignments. Experience must include all phases of operating room technique and management such as preparing operating room units, preparing patients for surgery, and assisting medical officer during surgery; and conducting instrument and equipment sterilization procedures. NOTE: Time spent completing courses in operating room technique and management is creditable toward experience requirements.
- 19 months ago - save job
Systems Assessment & Research, Inc. (SAR Corp) is a comprehensive health care, management and research services firm built on more than...