HCA Richmond Offers Internship in Operating Room Nursing
The internship will begin June 10th and will utilize the Periop 101: A Core Curriculum developed by AORN, created in response to a growing demand for a standardized program on an electronic platform.
The program combines didactic online training and clinical rotations with a preceptor through HCA Richmond
's six hospital campuses - Chippenham Medical Center, Johnston Willis Hospital, Henrico Doctors' Hospital, Parham Doctors' Hospital, Retreat Doctors' Hospital, and John Randolph Medical Center.
It will last from six to nine months depending on individual progress.
Applicants must have at least one year of hospital experience as a Registered Nurse. New graduate RN's with related experience will be taken into consideration (upon the discretion of the internship coordinator).
At the completion of the program the students will be placed at the HCA Richmond hospital that is the right match for them.
- Current licensure as an RN with at least 1 year RN experience
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Graduate of an accrediated school of professionial nursing
- Customer service abilities, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing , bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and or/ equipment up to 50 lbs.