JOB DESCRIPTION: Operational Excellence Manager sought by a major Medical Device Company for its Orangeburg, NY manufacturing Site of 120+ employees. Will have overall responsibility for developing , implementing , managing a comprehensive Lean Program for the Orangeburg Site reporting to the GM. Job functions will include:
· Develop, communicate a Lean Implementation Strategy to all Management personnel and Site employees. Will serve as resident Lean expert.
· Select appropriate Lean methods and metrics to be utilized.
· Coordinating with Manufacturing, Engineering, Materials determine specific Lean Projects and coordinate associated activities with a focus on enhancing Quality and Productivity and reducing overall Costs of good produced.
· In coordination with Purchasing, engage Suppliers in Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
· Coordinate Site corrective actions arising from Internal & External Audits.
· Train selected employees in Six Sigma/ Lean techniques.
· BS Degree required. Engineering Degree preferred.
· Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Desired.
· Minimum 4 years Six Sigma/ Lean application experience in a recognized Lean Manufacturing environment.
· Competent in Business Software: i.e. MS Excel, Project, Word.
· Proven Interpersonal, Communication, Leadership skills.