Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would prompt disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Confer with business unit staff on business problems or the execution of unusual transactions. Coordinate across business and corporate units, and with customers in ensuring that these less common transactions or exchanges are executed appropriately.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Plan and facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers, and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in or play technical lead in disaster recovery effort.
- Measure and analyze performance improvement results in a business or corporate unit. Support overall IT control practices, and remediation action plan execution, and integration and systems development life cycle testing and systems certification.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Preferred: Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- CISA and/or CISM, CCSA, ITIL preferred
- Participate in and/or lead risk and control self assessments for technology asset and processes
- Work with stakeholders to identity and develop technology risk
- Assist in monitoring the effectiveness of the technology framework
- Experience with data collection, management and analysis;
- Experience with risk methodologies;
- Governance and compliance background;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with reporting and presentations
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...