Jones & Carter, Inc is a full-service engineering, planning, surveying, and consulting firm. We assist our clients in analysis, development, implementation and execution of both short-range and long-range projects. Whether you're charting a new course in community development, resolving an existing engineering problem, or opening the door to new opportunities and ideas, Jones & Carter, Inc . is your Smart Solution. Our capabilities include everything from design, project research and consultation to turnkey construction management of multimillion-dollar ventures.
For more than 30 years we have built a foundation for success and a reputation for smart solutions.
We are in business to help our clients be successful.
Operations Administrative Assistant
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide administrative support for a Bryan/College Station engineering firm.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful candidates will apply good organizational skills and take charge of overall coordination of all office procedures.
- Has expertise in daily office communications via phone, fax, e-mail and Internet.
- Be responsible for coordinating all business related activities, anticipating needs, editing and drafting all correspondence, memos, and presentations.
- Performs complex and confidential administrative functions including developing and typing correspondence and responding to routine external correspondence.
- The ability to direct, route or screen calls, visitors, requests, mail, routing to proper individuals, and handling routine inquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining appointments, schedules meetings, travel arrangements, monthly calendar, office functions (seminar schedules) and various luncheons.
- Regularly prepares expense reports, composes memos, reports and other correspondence.
- Responsible for processing invoices, accounts payable and accounts receivables.
- Attends staff meetings and record minutes of each meeting.
- Maintain all Operation Managers files, which are of a confidential nature.
- Assisting with contract document and construction document preparation.
- Act as communications link when Operations Manager is out of town.
We offer a stimulating opportunity to expand your horizons in a full-time, direct hire position that includes excellent benefits, such as employer paid health, life and AD&D insurance. We also offer a Cafeteria Plan, dental and short term plans, PTO, paid holidays and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
- Must have advanced skills in Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook; PowerPoint is helpful but not required.
- Must have excellent typing with at least 60 WPM, proofreading, spelling and grammatical skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive issues while working with all levels of employees.
- At least 10 years of progressive administrative experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple concurrent assignments and constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to identify work priorities and functions with very little supervision.
- Professional attitude and appearance and able to communicate with all levels of management.
- Experience with accounting and/or engineering a plus.
J&C appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
The Jones & Carter, Inc. (J&C) WebGIS is offered as an educational resource and should not be used to determine the exact location...