Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $29 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/ .
The Operations Analyst manages, coordinates, and maintains communication between Assurant and its clients. Relevant information includes; goals, objectives, performance and day-to-day feedback.
- Represent the interests of Assurant as the daily point of contact for assigned service providers from an operations perspective and ensure the efficient service and satisfaction of our customers.
- Conducts business process analysis, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analysis in an effort to align business initiatives.
- Provides systems, administrative, and operational support in assisting with the development and implementation of new or existing products, processes and accounts.
- Analyzes existing forms and methods to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance or other methods.
- Assists in the development, documentation, and implementation of new systems and procedures in various departments and instructs personnel regarding them.
- Depending on area may review organization functions and structure to avoid overlapping or duplication.
- Coordinates proposed policies, systems, forms and reports among departments.
- Coordinates projects with all parties to complete by assigned due date.
- Ensures that deadlines are met.
- Reviews progress with management. Stays aware of externally available programs and faculty.
- Receives and investigates all complaints concerning client issues; determines veracity of such and takes corrective action and/or prepares reply. (as necessary)
- Set up and document procedures and trouble shoot system problems.
- Handles relatively diverse assignments, which are essential to the overall success of the business relationships.
- Carries out analytical assignments that are varied and possibly difficult.
- Develops problem resolution by analyzing processing problems, recommending solutions and working with other departments to test and implement solutions.
- Identifies project requirements and estimates by coordinating activities with team sponsors, directing team members, interviewing customers, analyzing operations, and determining project scope, developing project specifications, documenting results.
- Prepares customers for implementation by planning and/or coordinating training, writing documentation and providing support.
- Develops problem solutions.
- Provides support to customers.
- Develops project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements and costs.
- Maintains quality by performing post-implementation quality audits to ensure integrity, adhering to customer service standards and analyzing and providing overall support to internal and external customers.
- Verifies results by developing and executing tests for moderate sized projects.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of professional training experience in the function or similar activity outside the organization
- Experience in insurance, mortgage, and banking and call center
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of training
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change
- Working knowledge of operational systems Trackall, MortgageServ, Fidelity (Alltel), Quest, LSAMA I/II
- Must be PC literate and have basic knowledge working in a Windows environment. MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher or PageMaker, Visio
- Ability to travel
- PC Testing Required
- Business Letter Writing Test Required
Requisition Number: 34368
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...