PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Provides detailed financial analysis and reporting of the Business Unit’s monthly, quarterly, year-to-date and year-end operating results. Participates in the annual Business Unit budget process.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Provide support and assistance to Business Unit financial management in the monthly financial closing process on a facility, area, and regional basis. Emphasis is on review of the P&L accounts and identifying potentially erroneous data. Research, address and correct erroneous data identified. Escalate issues to Senior Ops Analyst or management as needed.
- Coordinate, support, and monitor the field budget process. Review all facility submissions for integrity, completeness and compliance with profit targets established by the Business Units. Attend to any issues identified through collaboration with the pertinent facility and regional staff.
- Perform various financial analyses to assist in management review of operations, including variance, rate and trend analyses, comparative studies (actual vs. budget as well as historical), and analysis of loss and marginal facilities.
- Review monthly inventory packages for accuracy and reasonability by reviewing facility administrator’s comments on levels, variances, and trends. Identify and address any discrepancies and adverse trends.
- Provide detailed analysis of area and facility financial statements for reporting purposes. Prepare summary financial reports for Business Unit management, highlighting operating performance and/or plans.
- Review pertinent information from various financial applications and/or discussions with BU department heads, interpreting the data and formulating recommendations and conclusions based on that information.
- Prepare presentations for Business Unit management for review by FMS senior management and/or field personnel.
- Coordinate and review the summarization of data from facilities for Cost Report Questionnaires to be submitted to the Corporate Office.
- Prepare financial forecasts as required,providing insight based on industry trends, accounting changes, etc to management as required .
- Special projects as requested, including revenue and expense analysis, acquisition/startup models, and productivity analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work.
- BS in accounting or finance
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of four years experience, including operating and budgeting experience in a service or manufacturing environment involving general and cost accounting.
- Experience in a multiple location setting is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic and finance software.
- Knowledge of business and technical vocabulary.
- Knowledge of organizational operations and procedures.
- Ability to employee basic reasoning skills.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with considerable tact and diplomacy.
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) is proud that our unwavering commitment to our patients has made us the global leader in...