Collects and analyzes data to evaluate Canton production operations and makes recommendations to solve problems. Develops modeling and evaluation processes to determine the effectiveness of current operational activities and identify problem areas and develop solutions. Owns the design of production line processes which include individual manufacturing work cells, line layout, value stream design and in-process inventory management practices.
• Analyzes production lines and recommends/implements improvements.
• Works cross functionally to conduct value stream analysis and implement concepts.
• Mentors junior manufacturing engineers and production management personnel
• Development of production lines for new products or insourced products
• Moving of existing products lines to Canton facility
• Focus is on projects to create significant improvements rather than incremental
BS degree in Engineering- Manufacturing, Industrial plus 5-10 year. Must possess a working knowledge of computers, including MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD or ProE. Understanding of factory metrics, operations strategy and modeling techniques. Awareness and understanding of Company quality standards, capital equipment, procurement, FMEA, APQP.ISO 9001 knowledge and experience preferred. Must be a team player.
1. Frequent standing, sitting and walking,
2. Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs., occasional heavier lifting.
3. Frequent computer work.
4. Hands on to include working on different types of trucks
1. Production factory support and office environment.
2. Work related travel will be required up to 2 trips/month.
3. Possible travel to customer sites to gather data or work on various projects
1. Production floor environment will involve possible exposure to materials with rough edges, temperature extremes, moving mechanical parts, occasional flying debris, chemical cleaning solvents and their odors.
2. Working with cryogenic products will involve possible exposure to pressurized flammable gas, pressurized oxidizing gas, pressurized inert gas and very low temperatures (-320º F).
Chart Industries - 21 months ago