The Operations Analyst will be responsible for: bidding a fleet of generators into the wholesale electric market, forecasting electric demand, communicating with multiple power plants and reliability coordinators, accurately tracking the status of main and auxiliary equipment at multiple power plants, tracking fuel prices and availability, monitoring and projecting fuel burns at multiple power plants, ordering fuel switching, and preparing reports for internal and external distribution. The position will require shift work.
% of TIME
Operations –Develop and submit generator bids into the wholesale electric market. Forecast and bid wholesale demand into the wholesale electric market. Manage inter-regional power transfers over controllable transmission lines.
Communications/ Tracking – Communicate with multiple power plants and reliability coordinators. Track the status of power plant equipment. Track multiple fuel prices.
Strategy – Develop and implement strategies to optimize generator plant dispatching and fuel burn economics.
Reporting/ Analysis- Prepare and distribute multiple reports and analyze data. Present findings to management.
- Four year technical degree preferred.
- Other college degree with relevant work experience considered
- Power plant experience/knowledge. Some knowledge of electric wholesale markets desired.
- 2 years with Northeast ISO markets desired.
- Good technical, analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced understanding of Excel and Access preferred.
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Good time management/adherence to deadlines
- Ability to follow procedures
- Some understanding of energy markets
- Will require shift work and on-call availability
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
ConEdison Solutions - 16 months ago