Provides problem tier two problem identification and resolution services to production operations batch and transmission exceptions as escalated by operations team. Must work effectively with functional teams to drive timely analysis and solutions
- Under general direction, provides technical expertise to computer operations, resolving simple to moderately complex problems, analyzing the operations environment on an ongoing basis and recommending and implementing improvements.
- Identifies, analyzes and implements processes to improve quality and reduce costs of operational activities.
- Provides technical expertise and resolution capabilities through the Help Desk function.
- Recommends techniques, software and hardware changes to enhance production capabilities or reduce overhead.
- Ensures implementation and feasibility of production enhancements.
- Tracks and reports on existing or impending system performance bottlenecks.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Focuses on providing second level support to the batch operation teams supporting the Premier product line. Provides production operations support working effectively with functional teams to drive timely analysis and solutions. Perform 2nd level analysis on all data interface processing exceptions.
- Provide system level support on IBM iSeries with ability to apply PTF’s and resolve most IBM CL problems.
- Will be responsible for setting up daily and monthly operational schedules by adding or modifying jobs to Opcon in support of client implementations, conversions, or requests.
- Responsible for setting up new tasks and jobs to meet client requirements. Analyzes and resolves moderate to complex issues specific to the operational processes that support the clients processing stream. Following defined process, tools and escalation paths issues will aggressively be investigated and resolved in a timely and accurate manner. Must effectively communicate with other staff, clients and data suppliers in regards to production processing deliverables, requirements, and status.
- Specialized knowledge, skills, abilities
- Proficiency with keyboarding, familiarity with Windows PC operations and applications including word processing and spreadsheet software. Strong technical and analytical skills are preferred. IBM iSeries Mainframe and Fiserv Premier Operations experience highly desirable. Familiar with IBM CL and Opcon.
- Special Training Needs: ITIL, Remedy, Premier product line
ESSENTIONAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High organizational skills
- Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
- Capable of exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
- MS Office skills especially Word and Excel
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent.
- Minimum five years work-related experience.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Knowledge base focused on job duties and the skills required to complete them, with basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer questions and basic technical skills.
- Ability to communicate with different levels of management and technical backgrounds.
- Excellent problem-solving skills Excellent logical thought process.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.