This is a hands-on position for Operations Analyst who will be a key member of our Operations team responsible for the operational excellence, client job creation and successful execution and troubleshooting of scheduled jobs in our production environment. This person will be responsible for all MyBuys revenue generating batch jobs – their successes or failures – and will have key role for generating our revenues. The position also offers an excellent opportunity to move into different roles within the company (technical operations, Professional Services, Client Success) after successfully learning the business and technical environments.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Successful candidates will have expertise in running all aspects of a hosted web application from an operational perspective. The position puts an emphasis on ability to independently troubleshoot issues by leveraging an extensive tool belt of technical and analytical skills and experience to identify root causes and develop solutions.
- Ensure successful creation, execution and monitoring of client jobs in 24/7 environment
- Serve as a liaison to Professional Services and Client Success organizations to map client requirements into production environment
- Create and follow operational policies and recommend process improvements.
- Recommend enhancements/reports/automation components to achieve further automation and scaling of client jobs execution
- Work with Professional Services organization on timely and high quality email message deliveries, web recommendations, client configuration maintenance and new client deployments.
- Analyze technical performance and output of client jobs
- Ensure all configurations are in place when jobs are scheduled to start
- Troubleshoot errors from jobs and actively go after the resolution with key players
The ideal candidate has a great attitude and work ethic, startup experience and has a background in system administration and technical operations for high volume web applications running on Linux platform. You also have a 24×7 mentality (our systems never sleep), passion to minimize errors, and have a strong sense of ownership of successful execution of scheduled jobs.
College degree and experience working in IT field
Requirements and Pluses
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, an excellent communicator, has a great attitude, a strong work ethic and possesses an unwavering commitment to success.
- Hands-on experience in Linux environment using command line tools
- Detail oriented – able to handle complicated jobs and create solutions for complex requirements and dependencies
- Quick learner who likes the challenge
- Flexibility to operate in 24/7 environment where jobs never stop
- Good communicator and able to document processes
- Persistent to follow up with problem owners to solve errors resulting from misconfiguration, missing data or bugs in the code
- Excellent task management and prioritization skills
- Basic understanding of administering scalable, multi-tenant, on-demand SaaS solutions using open source technologies
- Experience with high volume internet applications highly desired
- Some scripting ability a plus
- Linux Administration skills big plus
- Passion for accuracy… small errors can make big difference.
MyBuys is an equal opportunity employer. Please refer all inquires and resumes in MS Word format to
MyBuys, Inc. - 23 months ago