Western & Southern has an immediate opening for an Operations Analyst.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Analyzes major business processes for improvement in operational effectiveness. Functions as an internal consultant to the Insurance Operations Department. Coordinates the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of a performance metrics system for the Insurance Operations Department. Coordinates ongoing analysis, benchmarking and reporting on key performance indicators in the performance metrics system. Communicates with all other departments that comprise the Insurance Operations Department, as well as IS, Agency and other departments.
• Performs workflow and process analysis of operating areas. Works collaboratively with Operations Management to develop recommendations identifying improvement opportunities in speed, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Coordinates cost benefit analysis of identified process changes.
• Prepares presentations for management on process definition, recommended changes and expected impact.
• Functions as a Team Leader in coordinating process analysis projects. Identifies resources and team members required, establishes timelines and facilitates completion. Responsible for keeping management apprised of project progress.
• Functions as a liaison between Insurance Operations Departments and IS to facilitate the ongoing data collection and compilation of monthly performance metrics.
• Completes monthly analysis and management reporting on performance metrics.
• Conducts periodic benchmarking studies relative to performance metrics to identify trends, organizational strengths and opportunities for improvement.
• Completes ad hoc process and cost analysis as directed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Proven experience in analysis or consulting, preferably in the insurance/financial services industry.
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills. Cite examples of organization and time management/methods used to manage or prioritize workload demands.
• Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
• Demonstrated presentation skills. Expected to cite examples of presentations in front of small groups.
• Demonstrated experience effectively influencing a group to a recommended course of action.
• Proven experience handling multiple duties and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Cite examples of project management experience in planning, executing and maintaining a project from start to finish.
• Must be able to cite examples from work experience on identifying complex problems, quantifying the problem and providing creative resolutions to solve.
• Must be able to cite examples of self-motivation and experience working under limited supervision.
• Must provide examples from work experience demonstrating flexibility to meet department and customer needs.
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
• None required.
• Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Financial
- 22 months ago - save job