1. Train, schedule and supervise all Stockroom and Guest Services associates. This includes making daily work assignments, giving timely feedback to all associates in these areas regarding performance. Provide input to Store Manager for the purpose of Performance and Development of associates.
2. Oversee the computer-based time clock system for payroll purposes.
3. Monitor and record store expenses using company provided tools while operating within earned percent sales goals.
4. Maintains confidentiality of store financial and sales information at all times.
5. Follows company stockroom procedures to increase productivity in the stockroom and minimize payroll expenses.
6. Ensures that the store is properly staffed by maintaining high standards in the assisting of the recruitment and selection of associates. Ensures that the company tools and guidelines are used in associate selection. Ensures all associates are fully trained with the corporate training programs. Maintains a quality work environment that encourages the personal development and retention of associates.
7. Encourages the growth and personal development of direct reports through effective training, prioritization, mentoring, communication, delegation, and personal example in order to promote talent within the organization.
8. Ensure that Gordmans guests receive prompt and friendly service through personal example and by providing direction as needed to Cashiers and Guest Services Associates. Ensures that all associates understand expectations and execute the Delighting Our Guest Standards and the Guest Loyalty programs and initiatives.
9. Manage annual physical inventory process.
10. Identify and communicate opportunities to Store Manager for increased sales or improved service.
11. Follow company policies and procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
12. Must be at work on a regular and predictable basis or as scheduled. All Management staff and Leads are required to work a minimum of one evening shift and one shift on the weekend.
13. Assist with the operation of the store including unloading trailers, processing freight, merchandising the sales floor, cashiering and other retail duties.
14. Perform monthly safety inspections of the building.
15. Ensure the facilities are maintained to Gordmans standards.
16. Order supplies as needed.
17. Perform other related job duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to sufficiently understand the English language in order to communicate with individuals at all levels in the company and with various business contacts outside of the company in an articulate, professional manner. Ability to read price tag information; ability to sufficiently comprehend English language to read guest checks, guest identification, and similar written materials.
2. Knowledge of Company services, products, policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of POS system operation and troubleshooting techniques.
4. Ability to lift or otherwise move merchandise weighing up to 50 pounds.
5. Ability to stand continuously and perform essential job functions for up to an eight and one-half hour shift, with two fifteen-minute breaks and one half-hour meal break.
6. Ability to satisfactorily resolve guest issues in a professional, diplomatic manner.
7. Ability to participate in the interview and selection process and to train talented individuals.
8. Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead others towards the accomplishment of store and company objectives.
Education and Qualifications
1. Associate’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
2. Previous retail or guest services experience required.
3. Minimum of 5 years retail experience.
Gordmans is an equal opportunity employer
Gordmans offers an easy-to-shop layout, energetic signage and graphics, Gordmans Giggles children’s theater, a sports-themed seating...