The American Red Cross International Services Department (ISD) seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. In the coming years the American Red Cross will deepen and expand its programming around the world while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent network, in order to deliver vital help and hope to some of the most vulnerable communities.
We are looking for an Operations Assistant to work with the International Response Operations Center (IROC) team to support our disaster response around the globe. The position will assist a small team of Field Operations staff in readiness to respond activities, including equipment maintenance and procurement.
This is a temporary, part-time position at the American Red Cross National Headquarters.
The Operations Assistant may support the IROC’s work in the following areas:
- Ensuring readiness to respond through equipment management, upkeep, purchase, and replenishment.
- Develop consistent guidance and standardization for equipment procurement, storage, deployment, use, return, maintenance, and replenishment.
- Assist with equipment database maintenance and improvement.
- Implement a systematic method of tracking, maintaining, and replenishing stock to ensure deployment readiness and cost effectiveness.
- Assist with activities to support disaster response operations of the International Services Department.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Minimum of one year of relevant experience required. Inventory control experience preferred.
- Experience in humanitarian relief and emergency response setting strongly preferred as is familiarity with the Red Cross Movement.
- In addition to required computer skills (such as Word, and PowerPoint, Adobe), advanced computer skills with Excel and Access is required
- Ability to develop and format fill-able forms and templates
- Must be responsible, mature, able to work independently, highly organized, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at the same time and work under deadline pressure
- Physical requirements are those present in moving disaster response equipment in a warehouse environment, in addition to normal office environment. Must have the ability to lift and carry packages weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to do basic research and administrative support depending on daily priorities.
American Red Cross - 11 months ago
A specialist in dealing with events beyond its control, The American National Red Cross offers disaster relief, shelter, and other...