ColorOfChange.org is seeking a full-time Operations Assistant to keep our New York City office running smoothly while supporting our Chief of Staff and Operations. The right candidate will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle competing priorities. This position is an excellent opportunity to be a critical problem-solver within a mission-driven organization.
About [[http:ColorOfChange.org|ColorOfChange.org ]]
With over 900,000 members nationally, ColorOfChange is the nation's largest online Black political organization. Using the Internet, we enable our members to speak in unison, with an amplified political voice. In the process, we bring attention to the needs and concerns of Black folks, by holding coordinated events in different parts of the country, lobbying elected representatives, running TV and print advertisements, and demanding that the news media cover our issues.
The Operations Assistant is based out of our Manhattan office and reports to the Chief of Staff and Operations. The job has two parts:
1. You are in charge of making ColorOfChange's New York City office run smoothly:
2. You are the assistant to the Chief of Staff and Operations:
- Keep our office supplies stocked, as well as prevent (and solve) infrastructure problems (IT, utilities, etc.)
- Orient new employees, including the creation, improvement, and maintenance of onboarding processes and documents
- Proactively research, identify and implement solutions to make our operations and processes better
- Additional duties as required to make our office a fantastic place to work
The Chief of Staff and Operations at ColorOfChange works to identify and respond to opportunities to maximize the organization's impact through operational performance, optimizing management practices, and ensuring that we have the best people and systems. As the assistant to the Chief of Staff and Operations, the Operations Assistant plays an important role in supporting this work.
- Own the Chief of Staff and Operations' calendar, providing scheduling support to maximize daily impact
- Draft, proofread, and format documents with a very high level of quality
- Additional duties as required to enable the Chief of Staff and Operations to focus work on areas of comparative advantage
In this role, organization, people-skills, and writing ability are paramount. While experience in a similar role in the civil rights sector is not required, a commitment to civil rights and racial justice is. You should have:
- Top-notch organization skills. If the books on your bookshelf are in alphabetical order, your notes utilize colors with specific meanings, and you find long to-do lists energizing, we want to talk to you! There's a lot to keep track of in this role, and nothing can fall through the cracks. Meeting deadlines is key.
- A customer-service orientation . The Operations Assistant allows our staff to perform at the highest possible level. A successful candidate will be responsive but also proactive, addressing needs that staff members may not even be aware of. Importantly, you're able to work calmly and intentionally under pressure.
- Poise and confidence .You'll be working with our vendors – and in some cases negotiating service details. Being firm but polite (and being able to say no when push comes to shove) will be necessary.
- Strong writing and verbal skills. The ability to communicate information clearly is fundamental to this role. You will be asked to draft documents, edit others, and communicate with a variety of internal stakeholders and outside vendors.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position. [[http:ColorofChange.org|ColorofChange.org ]] also offers a competitive benefits package.
ColorOfChange (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
idealist.org - 11 months ago