Job Description |
DWC / Administration
Operations Director of Health Systems
The Operations Assistant position is responsible for the office support at the Kenaitze Indian Tribe's Dena'ina Wellness Center Administration Office. The Assistant will greet visitors, answer and rout calls, coordinate incoming and outgoing mail, handle inquiries from the public, monitor access to the building by visitors, and assist in support functions for personnel in the administrative office.
- Greet customers to DWC and notify applicable staff member of their arrival. Direct customers as appropriate.
- Responsible for inventory of all office supplies.
- Responsible for unlocking and locking the DWC administration offices at the start and close of the business day.
- Answer main phone line, direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Maintain coffee pots for employees and customers.
- Schedule appointments for programs as requested.
- Maintain the DWC employee phone list, update as needed.
- Provide DWC program materials to the public as requested.
- KIT mail responsibilities include: mail pick-up at KIT locations and post office and deliver to administration.
- Maintain office copy machines, supplies and coordinating service calls for repair with Facilities Manager.
- Maintain office stamp machine, ordering supplies, adding postage and seeing that all outgoing mail is stamped and if needed certified, return receipt.
- Coordinate courier pick-up when requested by administration (Fed Ex, UPS, and Gold Streak, etc.).
- Develop and maintain procedure list for the Administrative Assistant II position.
- Assist in recording minutes, preparation for and coordination meetings.
- Responsible for food and beverage service for facility meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining and stocking conference rooms.
- Assist Council members, Administrative staff, and Committee members with accessing information and meeting materials.
- Verify facility meeting dates and times.
- Work with KIT Administration to schedule large mailings, newsletters and special meeting notices.
- Record and receipt checks received and prepare deposit for Accounting Department in coordination with the Purchasing and/or Accounting Clerk.
- Attend training and staff meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Lifting RequirementsSedentary work Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Stand or Sit (Stationary position)
Walk (Move, Traverse)
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl (Position self (to), Move)
Talk/hear (Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information)
See (Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess)
Category III Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid
Equipment and Tools
List Equipment used for job: Computer and other office equipment
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- One year of clerical experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Requires Alaska driver's license and must pass required criminal background check.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to handle customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Willingness to learn the language, culture and history of the Dena'ina people.
- Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people preferred.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
Kenaitze Indian Tribe - 15 months ago