Job Title: Operations Associate Underwriter
Job ID: 03610
Division : Personal Lines
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
There are multiple positions open.
Candidates may be considered for a District Underwriter position based on experience, knowledge and skills.
This is an entry-level underwriting position. The Operations Underwriting Associate learns and demonstrates the knowledge and skills required of a Personal Lines Underwriter. The Associate participates in required training activities to develop an understanding of Personal Lines products, philosophies, underwriting guidelines and procedures. He or she underwrites products with limited underwriting authority and under the guidance of a manager or mentor.
- Acquires Underwriting Foundational Knowledge and Skills (75%)
- Complete Personal Lines underwriting foundation training (Ultra) courses, and passes training module tests
- Successfully completes Personal Lines system training
- Develops competence in using the underwriting decision making process.
- Successfully completes the course Personal Insurance: Underwriting and Marketing Practices in the Associate in Personal Insurance (API) program.
- Develops and Demonstrates Underwriting Competence (25%)
- Underwrites Personal Lines products, under limited authority and with guidance from a manager or mentor
- Develops and demonstrates competence in using the underwriting decision making process
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Information Gathering
- Planning & Organizing
- Technical Expertise
- Bachelor Degree, or Prior Insurance Education, or three (3) years of related job experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency using PC software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc.)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical and analytical concepts.
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 16 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...