Complete training requirements of the Next Step Program. Pass all exams, on the job training, simulations, and classroom activities according to program curriculum. Perform tasks and assignments associated with maintaining the reliability of MISO’s electric power grid.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complete requirements of the Next Step Program that leads to NERC certification including studying and demonstrating an understanding of Industry fundamentals and Control center roles and responsibilities.
- Attend all assigned training events and activities.
- Complete projects and tasks by on the job training to gain proficiency in control center functions.
- Assist with documentation and tools to ensure compliance with operating requirements
- Compliance with all processes, procedures, and standards applicable to the position including (but not limited to): SSAE16 (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16), CIP (Critical Infrastructure Protection), Change Management, Tariff (Open Access Transmission, Energy and Operating Reserve Markets Tariff), FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation), U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and NAESB (North American Energy Standards Board).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred.
- Education equivalency may be established with a combination of education, training, certifications, and related experience .
- Transmission and generation system dispatch, transmission system operations, merchant operations, generation operational planning, power accounting, tariff administration, scheduling, or market operation functions preferred.
- Principles, practices, and administration of technical issues
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Fundamentals of electrical power theory and the electric power industry
- Mathematical concepts and how to apply algebra
- Commitment to customer service excellence
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Utilize company policies appropriately
- Foster teamwork and collaboration
- Apply and adapt practices and techniques to a variety of projects
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and the general public
- Present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Multitask, meet deadlines and adapt to changing and evolving work environment priorities and demands in a fast paced environment
- Time management
- Work effectively under stressful conditions
- Computer software
- Work various shifts depending on program requirements
MISO is an essential link in the safe, cost-effective delivery of electric power across much of North America. MISO is committed to reliability, the nondiscriminatory operation of the bulk power transmission system, and to working with all stakeholders to create cost-effective and innovative solutions for our changing industry.
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Value Focused
- Work Ethic
MISO is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Midwest ISO - 8 months ago