Prime Therapeutics LLC (Prime), a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management, is making a difference in the lives of the nearly 20 million members we serve. At Prime, we are committed to improving the health of members while reducing overall health care costs. We are seeking candidates that share this passion for improving the lives of others.
The business analyst will be accountable for developing business requirements and related business rules based on business group and functional area needs. This position will work closely with internal and external partners and subject matter experts in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and ongoing support of functional requirements. The business analyst will identify requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as business requirements gathering, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis. The business analyst will solicit requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing processes/systems documentation or procedures (including the Enterprise Project Lifecycle and Government Programs and Commercial Claim Operations’ BA Methods).
The position will support project work within a variety of PBM functional areas including, but not limited to: product development; claim system processes; eligibility processes and enhancements; government programs; client implementations and re-implementations; regulatory and compliance projects; quality initiatives; and process improvement projects.
- Develop requirements, specifications, workflows, processes, test cases and recommendations for product development, system enhancements, client implementations, regulatory and industry directives, and process improvement initiatives.
- Work directly with business and functional users to support and improve existing applications and processes. Resolve business and technical problems by Identifying, evaluating, and implementing improvements to processes and applications.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the areas supported. Assist the business in the identification and adoption of operational best practices.
- Manage tasks and deliverables and report on project status as necessary. Serve as project lead for simple- to medium-complex projects and/or work streams.
- Ensure the completeness and quality of product/project testing by overseeing the overall testing process and through the preparation of test case scenarios, use cases, and test scripts. Analyze and document test results. Participate in integrated client testing.
- Create documentation (including standard operating procedures, user guides and process flows) and coordinate transition events to the appropriate departments for the ongoing operational support of completed projects and implemented initiatives.
- Collaborate with Information Technology representatives and business stakeholders to ensure solutions are effectively put into production by working through the project lifecycle of planning, executing, implementing, and measuring results.
- Assist the Government Programs and Commercial Claim Operations’ department to resolve escalated production support issues when necessary.
- Ability to provide mentoring to associate business analysts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years business requirements analysis experience, related work experience, or completion of an advanced business analysis development program
- PBM or healthcare industry experience strongly preferred
- Interpersonal skills necessary to drive results and deliver on commitments.
- Proficient at meeting facilitation, conflict management, and consensus building.
- Strong client service orientation and track record of building client relations.
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously and ability to work under pressure with strict timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with prior experience giving presentations.
- Strong problem solving and solution crafting skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project. Visio and Lotus Notes experience desired.
Prime's fast-paced and dynamic work environment is ideal for proactively addressing the constant changes in the health care industry. Our employees are involved, empowered, and rewarded for their achievements. We value new ideas and work collaboratively to provide the highest quality of care and service to our members.
If you are looking to advance your career within a growing and team-oriented company, apply to Prime today and start making a difference.
We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Prime Therapeutics - 11 months ago
Managing the rising costs of prescription drugs is prime for Prime Therapeutics. The company, a pharmacy benefits manager (PBM), is owned by...