The Wrigley Company is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, lollipops and chocolate. The company has operations in more than 40 countries and distributes its world-famous brands in more than 180 countries. Three of these brands - Juicy Fruit®, Wrigley's Spearmint®, and Altoids® - have heritages stretching back more than a century. Other well-loved brands include Orbit®, Extra®, Starburst®, Doublemint®, Skittles®, Freedent®, Airwaves®, Life Savers®, Eclipse®, and Winterfresh®. Wrigley is headquartered in Chicago, Ill., and operates as a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated, a private, family-owned company founded in 1911. Mars, Incorporated is one of the world's largest food companies, generating global revenues of 30 billion dollars annually and producing some of the world's leading brands in six segments that include Chocolate, Drinks, Food, Petcare, Symbioscience and Wrigley.
As a key supply chain liaison and commercialization project manager, this role is wholly accountable for seamless execution of multiple new product launches every year within the region which may involve capital expenditures. Projects can include new flavor launches, new pack types, promotional activity, graphics refreshes, and customer specific packs. The incumbent owns the manufacturing and supply chain interface and works cross-functionally within project teams, driving effective communication of timelines and success criteria. Integral to the launches is strong communication, flawless project management skills, ensuring best in class solutions for maintaining optimal supply chain cost, efficiencies and service, coupled with cost savings initiatives and technology improvement projects.
- Engages in early influencing of projects to ensure supply chain complexity is managed and issues/opportunities are addressed.
- Provides creative solutions to the business / marketing leads for driving business growth while improving cost.
- Works with regional product supply to determine optimal sourcing plan taking into account capacity and manufacturing capabilities.
- Leads capital approval process, working with plants and regional engineering.
- Leads cross-functional execution and decision-making meetings to ensure projects are executed on time and within budget.
- Actively participates in driving communication to Senior Management to set clear expectations on launch timelines, capital requirements, risks, and opportunities.
- Works as a single point of contact with the plants for product and equipment qualifications during launch process.
- Manage the financial analysis process to ensure new products meet or exceed margins after conversion (MAC) hurdles.
- Accountable for delivering cost savings to ensure year-over-year MAC improvements post launch.
- Develop pipeline build plan with Sales and Marketing to meet customer expectations, service levels and inventory targets across the regional distribution centers.
- Subject matter expert on manufacturing processes associated with platform or packaging technology.
- Drive alignment across Innovation, Quality, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing to deliver against defined success criteria.
- Champion project status to include risk and issue mitigation, cost hurdles, capital investment and optimization, and manufacturing performance.
- Participate in long-term capital planning during budgeting process.
- Works with cross-regional Operations Business Managers to ensure alignment on global objectives as well as execution on cross-regional projects (when applicable).
- Performs strategic projects as required. .
- Bachelors 4-year degree required (technical ME or EE preferred). Advanced graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of Engineering, Operations, Quality, Innovation/R&D, or Manufacturing experience in a progressive CPG or food and beverage Supply Chain environment.
- Preferred technical plant and/or staff level experience leading commercialization of new products.
- Experience in SAP, MS Excel, PowerPoint & Project.
The Wrigley Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
- Strong project management and leadership capabilities; high sense of urgency and accountability.
- Strategic vision, influencing skills, and tenacity required to drive initiatives through completion and to leverage peer influence.
- Effective communicator (oral and written communication skills) with demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- Superior analytical and interpersonal skills to work effectively within cross-functional teams.
Wrigley - 20 months ago
Wrigley is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and...