Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as an Operations Consultant
1. Provide operational performance consultation and interpretation to operational leadership. Make operating recommendations as appropriate.
2. Develop and maintain appropriate operating measures and reports to help leadership understand their operating and financial performance impact of their strategies, both current and proposed.
3. Manage operational models and the analysis reporting process for various operation’s functions as defined by customer operation’s strategic objectives.
4. Perform in-depth analysis on a wide variety of issues to aid operation’s leadership in driving decisions on behalf of their organization. This may include business case analysis.
5. Serve as a key member of the Operations Analysis and Reporting team by providing relevant analysis that provides insight into significant business trends and opportunities, enabling management to better understand and manage the relevant business drivers.
6. Provide analysis on operational performance to support corporate and functional projects sponsored by the assigned business unit(s).
7. Through various means, keep current with recent developments in measurement methods, operational forecasting, modeling and planning areas to help ensure that our processes remain effective and efficient.
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.)
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Psychology, Mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional work experience.
2. Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in at least three (3) of the following areas:
a) Designing measures to drive behaviors consistent with strategic objectives
b) Building financial models
c) Providing operational performance consultation
d) Designing creating usable reports
e) Performing variance analysis
f) Building operational & financial forecasts
3. Proven ability to identify issues, prepare analysis and design models with limited direction from management.
4. Effective verbal, written and analytical skills, allowing for clear communication of information, conveying ideas, influencing change, and providing insights into complex financial data and analysis.
5. General knowledge and understanding of insurance related products and/or services.
6. Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve complex issues involving financial management.
7. Proven ability to use influencing skills to get results through others without direct supervisory authority over these individuals. Experience in leading cross-functional teams is highly desirable.
8. Demonstrated strong organizational skills; ability to effectively manage multiple project and priorities
9. Demonstrated high standards of professional integrity and business ethics.
10. Strong business acumen and ability to integrate qualitatively derived insights into quantitative based analyses.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MML20131701-12605