SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and service of a comprehensive array of networked and integrated fire alarm and suppression, security, and communications systems. Our continued success and growth has produced a need for the following position in our Westminster, MA location.
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
SimplexGrinnell adheres to a core set of values and ideals that guides our actions as an employer and our operations as a business that provides fire and life-safety systems and services. We strive for excellence, and seek the honor of being recognized as a world-class company. We are committed to teamwork, customer service, honesty and integrity and to being a strong partner with our communities. We strive to create a work environment where all people are treated equally and with respect, and are mindful of the environment and our role in protecting it.
: Responsible for providing guidance and direction to Regional Operations leadership team to drive improved operational and financial performance. This includes a close partnership with the Region Manager. Relies on related experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Position requires extensive travel. The preferred location for this position is Denver, CO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the preparation and evaluation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts. Prepares financial analyses and presents findings and recommendation to Region Manager(s) and Operations Finance leadership.
- Analyze monthly financial statements and present findings and recommendations to Region management team.
- Monitors Working Capital metrics closely and drives good field management practices for improving Accounts Receivable, Job Cost Billing (R.V.I.) and Inventory performance to maximize Free Cash Flow.
- Responsible for ensuring field operations are implementing and in compliance with company policies, procedures and best practices. Works closely with Internal Controls, as needed, to investigate and correct compliance issues.
- Assist Region Manager in preparation for operation reviews.
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance
- MA, MBA a plus
- CPA a plus
- 8+ years Finance experience preferably including more than one of the following: financial planning & analysis, general accounting, asset management, internal controls or other compliance activities
- Previous Job Cost accounting experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field finance concepts, practices and procedures concerning financial analyses.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of financial statements, inventory and accounts receivable and payables management
- Must display effective managerial courage and comfort around senior management.
- Must demonstrate initiative and be an innovative problem solver.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software.
This position includes relocation.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are interested in applying, please submit your resume by accessing Careers at
Only candidates who possess the above minimum qualifications will be considered.
Apr 30, 2013
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...