A key member of the business unit management team, this position is the focal point for financial planning and analysis, cost accounting and profit and loss statement control. This position is a direct extension of the Division Controller''s office, thus assumes the responsibility of the integrity of business unit financial reporting and internal control.
1. Coordinate with Division Financial Accounting month, quarter and year end close and financial reporting for business unit location. Assure adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, corporate accounting policy and government regulations.
2. Coordinate activities with external auditors to assure timely and economical review of business unit financial data.
3. Coordinate the development and analysis of short and long range business plans including the annual budget and the five year plan.
4. Support business unit financial reporting and analysis of on-going business activities. This includes reporting and evaluating performance against plan and providing management reporting and visibility of critical issues on a proactive basis.
5. Review and sign off of business unit CAR''s requiring Division Controller and Division Executive Vice President approval.
6. Coordinate the development of direct material, labor and overhead rates for use in inventory valuation, product costing and product pricing. Also responsible for FIFO and LIFO valuation of business unit inventories.
7. Coordinates the accurate accumulation of actual and standard product cost data for in process and completed product cost analysis.
8. Provide systems and support for estimating and government accounting activities including compliance with business unit disclosure statement.
9. Coordinates the development, implementation and maintenance of MIS systems. May supervise MIS systems analysis and programming at the business unit level.
10. Supervise and direct the financial management group at the business unit location. This includes hiring, performance evaluations, salary administration and other personnel related functions.
1. Bachelor''s Degree in Business Administration with an MBA or CPA preferred. Seven to ten years of successful financial experience with companies of comparable size and complexity.
2. Three to five years of financial management experience.
3. Must possess a thorough knowledge of financial accounting, capital investment analysis, analytical technique, and financial and management accounting. Must also possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
Precision Castparts Corp. - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power,...