LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX - CORPORATE OFFICE
# of Openings: 1
Total Safety , the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for an Operational Controller to oversee the accounting close process for all North America locations to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review North America financials for accuracy and completeness;
- Provide operations management with necessary financial information to assist them in making sound and profitable business decisions;
- Demonstrate understanding of standard financial reports and articulate the information to all levels of management;
- Review and approve all account reconciliations on a monthly basis for accuracy and completeness;
- Participate in budgetary activities, strategic planning, and forecasting to be a key contributor in the company growth and success;
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of assigned location’s business to support field management;
- Effectively manage and develop Sr. Accountants, Inventory Analyst, Centralized Billing Group and Corporate Collections, fostering an environment of continuous improvement and maintaining superior standards of the company;
- Standardize and improve accounting processes and internal controls in line with company standards and GAAP;
- Lead corporate collection function in an effort to maximize cash flow;
- Review and post journal entries to ensure necessity and accuracy of financials;
- Prepare/consolidate daily invoicing report;
- Prepare PBC’s for audit;
- Self-audit work for reasonableness and accuracy;
- Complete special projects as assigned;
- Fill-in for Controllers in the field when necessary.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting.
- CPA a plus.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience.
- General ledger, inventory experience.
- Oil and gas industry a plus.
- Ability to take charge of projects/self motivated.
- Be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of general accepted accounting principles.
- Effective professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to focus on details and perform functions with accuracy.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment and work ethics to ensure the integrity of all reporting.
How to Apply:
- Salary is commensurate with experience;
- M edical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis;
- B asic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance;
- Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available;
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching;
- Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan.
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
UNSOLICITED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED