Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) is seeking a Operations Team Coordinator. The Operations Team Coordinator is a central member of the Strategy and Operations team, which is building a sustainable foundation for our organization. Given our organization's agressive growth goals over the coming years, this team member will play a crucial role in developing our nascent finance, human resource and admin systems to sustain that growth. The Operations Team Coordinator will manage the logistical, operational and communication details for our entire Strategy and Operations team and directly supporting Vice President, Strategy and Operations. The Operations Team Coordinator will primarily focus on completing adminsrateive tasks and setting up systems to keep our team as well as the entire organization running effectively and efficiently.
The Operations Team Coordinator will report to Vice President, Strategy and Operations. This role is an excellent opportunity for individuals who possess strong organizational and logistical experience and want to hone strong professional skills and gain unique perspectives by working along side their ambitious colleagues and dynamic senior leaders.
- Enhance organizational systems and project planning ability
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Assist with projects led by team leaders
- Build critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Develop strong relationship building and communication skills
- The Operations Team Coordinator will need to manage a number of different projects -- led by various team members -- with precise attention to detail and seamless execution. Their work is a crucial driver of our organization's success and ultimately helps empower our mission of ending educational inequity.
Longer term projects could include:
- Managing calendars for Vice President, Strategy and Operations and booking travel arrangements
- Assisting the Finance team with payroll entry, scanning and filing invoices, timesheet tracking, amex and expense account reconciliations, basic reporting, and mailings
- Supporting the Human Assets team on entering and onboarding new hires
- Entering information into a database and tracking results in excel
- Organizing the details of a team program or upcoming event
- Contacting vendors and managing the logistics for a team conference
- Tracking deadlines or updating organization systems to ensure team productivity and effectiveness
Skills and Experience
- Organizing the logistics for large (all staff, leadership team) meetings and conferences
- Preparing internal team communications such as newsletters, updates, team calendars and memos
- Preparing data spreadsheets, reports and internal team communications
- Conducting research to drive new team projects and initiatives
Benefits and Salary
- Passion for our mission
- Bachelor's Degree required with at least 2 years work experience
- Enjoy organizing, plan well, meet deadlines and work efficiently
- Possess exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Communicate well and receive feedback with enthusiasm
- Possess critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Have a strong customer service ethic
- Take personal responsibility for their work and professional growth
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume, results-oriented enviroment;
- Entrepenurial spirit;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Leadership For Educational Equity seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter with your application. Apply now at
For more information, please contact
All kids—no matter where they live, how much money their parents make, or what their skin color is – deserve access to a great...