Operations Coordinator - NIH - BETHESDA, MARYLAND
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and
business partner to the federal government and its key
suppliers.Through our partnership with the National
Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers
administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and
healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with
one of the most prestigious research organizations in
the world. We are currently seeking an Operations
Coordinator to work at the National Institutes of Health
in Rockville, Maryland.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, world's foremost medical
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at
National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences
Division of Clinical Innovation
6701 Democracy Blvd
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
1. Coordinate the day-to-day office operation,
including, but not limited to problem and conflict
resolution, organization and prioritization of
tasks, and responding to written communications.
2. Design and coordinate systems for communications
among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of
information relating to projects and program
3. Note commitments made by executive level during
meetings and arrange for staff implementation.
4. Independently, arrange for staff member to
represent organization at conferences and meetings,
establish appointment priorities, or reschedule or
refuse appointments or invitations.
5. Read outgoing correspondence for executive level’s
approval and alert writers to any conflict with the
file or departure from policies or executive level’s
viewpoints; make recommendations to resolve problems
that might arise.
6. In the executive level’s absence ensure that
requests for action or information are relayed to
the appropriate staff furnished in timely manner;
decides whether executive level should be notified
of important or emergency supervisory levels with
several subdivisions at each level.
7. Summarize the content of incoming materials,
specially gathered information, or meetings to
assist executive. Coordinate the new information
with background office sources. Draw attention to
important parts or conflicts.
8. Compose correspondence requiring some understanding
of technical matters within the program.
9. Coordinate the preparation of a variety of
documents such as travel requests, professional
service orders, requests for sponsored travel (Form
348), outside activities (Form 520), official duty
memoranda, training requests, individual/mass
mailings, correspondence, reports and various forms.
10. Gather and analyze information about processes and
programs; prepare reports, letters, and other
documents for review and input for programs,
policies, and activities.
11. Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze
12. Update and develop content for web sites and
monitor for currency and accuracy of information.
13. Provide intranet updates and changes.
14. Coordinate the printing and conversion of paper
documents to electronic files.
15. Develop, maintain and utilize various
16. Compile data and create and maintain slide for
presentation utilizing computer programs.
17. Update/maintain shared calendars.
18. Coordinate meetings, workshops, and courses for
staff; schedule conference rooms.
19. Maintain office records including office
procurements and reimbursement procedures.
20. Provide support with timekeeping duties.
21. Track, record and direct manuscripts to reviewers.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
1. Bachelor’s degree in related area, Four (4) years
of specialized experience plus a High School diploma
is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum seven (7) years of experience in related
3. Knowledge of preparing NIH travel orders using the
NBS/Gelco travel system.
4. Knowledge of NIH procurement processes.
5. Experience with NIH timekeeping system.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word,
Excel, Outlook, Access).
7. Strong organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Please visit www.kellycareernetwork.com to apply for
this position. Due to the volume of inquiries, we regret
that we cannot accept phone calls. Please also note that
the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed.
Job Code : BHJOB3479_573178
Kelly Government Solutions - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -