We’re seeking an Operations Coordinator to manage administration and serve as a talent acquisition representative for our New York City office. This individual will work closely with our COO and New York Managing Partner. Responsibilities are twofold: 1) managing office administration, vendors, client reception, and ad hoc HR/operations projects, and 2) sourcing, screening, and interviewing entry-level job candidates. Our environment is fast-paced and high energy.
Kelton is an environment of doers – there is ample opportunity to own and manage projects, think creatively, and develop systems – but we hold a high standard for interactions with clients and external partners. We’re first and foremost a service business and prioritizing client needs is always our top priority. The ideal candidate is sharp, detail-oriented, and comfortable balancing organization with flexibility. Our team is friendly and articulate; strong verbal and written communication skills are a must. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work closely with an engaging and hard-working team.
• Partner with Kelton’s COO and New York Managing Partner to prioritize operational projects, including regular reviews of ongoing administrative expenses. The Operations Coordinator must be able to identify when to elevate urgent requests and needs to clearly communicate timelines to clients and colleagues.
• Maintain a calm and confident approach to managing office administration. The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for helping to answer incoming phone calls, greeting office visitors, maintaining office organization and cleanliness, ordering supplies, and managing smooth general operations.
• Quickly and professionally respond to candidates and clients via phone and email. As the Operations Coordinator will typically serve as a first point of contact for job candidates and clients, the Coordinator needs to quickly develop acumen about Kelton’s services. An interest and commitment to client service is a MUST.
• Maintain relationships with key vendors, including Kelton’s external IT support partner. The Operations Coordinator will serve as the New York office’s main point of contact for our IT partner, and will be responsible for tracking/elevating all outstanding issues, escalating problems as necessary, and keeping accurate records of services and interactions. Candidate needs to be able to maintain strong working relationships while also driving support and action.
• On occasion, manage travel arrangements (flights, hotels, car services) for team members as needed.
• Over time, manage and oversee sourcing, screening, and first round interviewing of New York entry-level talent. Over time and as the Coordinator progresses, this role will have the opportunity to own and manage recruitment for a larger set of positions and to take on more operations and HR responsibilities.
• Support training and performance management processes by scheduling and coordinating all meetings and sharing and distributing relevant information.
Job Requirements: Skills/Experience:
• Relevant office management, office assistant, and/or talent acquisition experience desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Must be high energy and proactive. Employee shall work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Professional demeanor is a MUST; needs to interface well with co-workers and external partners.
• Must demonstrate sound judgment and ability to maintain calm under stress.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
• Excellent general administrative skills, including strong typing and organization.
• Must possess willingness to work flexible hours/overtime. Our general office hours are 9-6 pm M-F, but this role may require connectivity via mobile device during off hours as needed.
• Needs to demonstrate personal accountability and strong work ethic, as well as a willingness to follow direction and move forward with limited supervision.
• Focus and commitment to a service/support role. The Operations Coordinator is a key resource to internal colleagues and must be comfortable managing changing demands and urgent requests.
• Strong proofreading skills highly desired.
• Previous experience managing IT/technical issues and vendors in a previous role is highly desired.
• Candidate should have an aptitude and interest in technology, especially as related to administrative tools and systems (document management, web-based services for small business, etc.).
• Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment is not required, but candidates who are transitioning from a more structured or corporate culture should be able to articulate reasons why he/she seek a transition to a service-oriented business.
Additional Comments: About Kelton:
Kelton has become the nation’s fastest growing research driven consultancy through the skill and work ethic of its researchers and analysts, the strength of its diverse consultants, and the profoundly different approach we take to market research. Our clients come to us not just for our ability to effectively execute a research project, but because of our ability to field research and deliver recommendations that fundamentally alter their business strategies and impact their bottom line for the better. While we have specialized services that attract clients, our true specialty is our staff – a different caliber and mindset of individuals than is found at most major research firms.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k).
Compensation: Dependent on experience
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume in WORD or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and list “Operations Coordinator - NY” in the subject line.
Quirk's - 23 months ago