Description/Job Summary Electrician Millwright
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical controls and instruments throughout the refinery.
- Work on voltage controls as well as circuits to include 110v, 440v and 4160v.
- Repair instruments in solids and liquids applications. The individual will be required to work on load and line side electrical components up to 4160v.
- Maintain and install electrical equipment and rigid conduit.
- Install and calibrate process control instrumentation with PLC control systems.
- Troubleshoot PLC’s for automated machinery and conveyor systems.
- Complete electrical preventative maintenance activities.
- Plan, prioritize and schedule electrical maintenance with supervision and operations input.
- Maintain 460v motors and controls to include variable frequency drives.
- Read and update changes made to blueprints, P&ID’s, single-lines, ladder logic and wiring schematics.
- Repair and troubleshoot analog instrument loops.
- Effectively use typical test and calibration equipment including pneumatic.
- Familiarity with the use and operation of RTD calibrators, mA calibrators, T/C calibrators, digital and analog multi-meters and laptops for equipment communication and troubleshooting.
- Journeyman Electrician OR 5 years of experience in industrial electrical applications
OR 2 year Electrician Certification for the listed set of skills.
- Ability to work overtime, rotating shifts holidays and weekends on a regular basis.
- H ave a high regard and ownership for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE such as protective clothing, safety glasses/goggles, steel-toed boots, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a unionized environment.
American Sugar Refining Inc. - 17 months ago