- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field desired.
- Trained in SDLC and ITIL methodologies preferred.
- Certified DB2 administrator preferred
- At least five (5) years' experience as a Data Base Administrator with the proposed RDMS (DB2 10.1)
- 2+ Years Experience as a project lead and assist with coordinating the actions of a DBA team or alternate management/leadership equivalent preferred
- 2+ Years Experience in RDBMS management in a virtual infrastructure and remote storage environment
- Prior experience with creating maintenance plans for DB2
- Prior work experience in a 24x7 environment
- Excellent business communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to operate independently and make decisions, when appropriate.
- The ability to write non-technical and technical documentation.
- 4+ years experience in general Microsoft, Visio and data structures
- Experience with administration of backup systems, server software builds, and hardware installation and integration as it relates to the DBMS
LogistiCare is the nation's leading managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. LogistiCare's client base consists of state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, school boards), managed care organizations and hospitals. LogistiCare is not a provider of transportation vehicles (we do not physically own vehicles). Instead, LogistiCare manages a network of transportation providers and provides the administrative infrastructure to authorize services and provide billing and claims payment functionality allowing LogistiCare to offer a complete outsourcing solution to our clients.
We seek an Operations DBA to work within our operations center in Atlanta, Georgia. The Operations DBA is primarily responsible for maintaining our core database DB2 for the LogistiCAD system. This includes maintaining performance standards, optimizing queries, and general day to day tasks for a 24 x 7 database.
- Direct the smooth operation and uptime of all DB2 systems for which IT is accountable.
- Exercise good financial judgment when recommending or purchasing technical services and goods.
- Ability to create metrics to measure performance of DB2 Databases
- Maintaining 99.9% uptime results
- Design and maintain data elements and the database(s) for all components of LogistiCare Solutions
- Coordinate data between the operations and the technical community
- Monitor database performance and perform database reorganization as needed
- Develop database utilities and automated reporting
- Database platform upgrades, patches and maintenance
- Database performance and overall server health through proactive monitoring, logging and auditing
- Security administration and Confidential Data access controls
- Capacity Planning towards proactive resource and storage allocations
- Development and enforcement of RDBMS best practices and hardening standards
- Enterprise Database backup & recovery including Disaster Recovery
- Separation of Duty audits and controls
- Propriety database DML/DDL deployments
- Ability to work well with other members of the Support team, as well as other IT and LogistiCare departments.
- Ability to act as a project lead and assist with coordinating the actions of a team of technical professionals, both internal and external.
- Willingness and ability to travel and provide “off-hours” support.
- Support for other issues and projects as deemed necessary by management.
- Under no supervision, exercises good independent judgment in performing routine testing and analysis of database systems.
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Requires minimal advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from more senior/specialized technicians or manager.
- Must be able to structure complex SQL scripts
- Must understand application and theory of security in a highly regulated environment.
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Logisticare - 14 months ago
Compassion. Accuracy. Reliability. Efficiency.
Extra CARE makes all the difference...
There is more to non-emergency transportation...