Operations Director, Clinical Transformation
The Operations Director, Clinical Transformation is a critical member of the Accountable Care team at Southwind, a division of the Advisory Board Company. The Operations Director, under the supervision and direction of the VP of Accountable Care, supports clients who have engaged Southwind to support their implementation of Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH), Accountable Care strategies and clinical transformation, including population health management and care coordination.
The incumbent will be an experienced clinician and manager, with a proven track record in implementing care transformation in the ambulatory setting.
- Provide coaching and operational support to clients seeking to implement patient centered medical homes and be recognized by NCQA.
- Develop, in conjunction with clients, appropriate training materials, policies/procedures, report templates, job descriptions and point-of-service tools for population management and care coordination.
- Advise clients on best practices for accomplishing stated goals with care management and quality improvement activities.
- Recommend required changes to existing measures and metrics, including quality metrics, patient experience surveys, to support the clinical transformation.
- Advise on required staffing to support implementation/recognition and on-going maintenance of clinical transformation.
- Assist in the development of position descriptions and protocols related to population management and clinical transformation.
- Identify priorities for care transitions team members and care managers for chronic disease conditions, to support reduced admissions, ED visits and complications.
- Assist clients in their transition to population health management.
- Creates and maintains project plans.
- Clinical background: Registered Nurse – licensed in the U.S., Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Pharmacist or other relevant clinical background
- Bachelor’s Degree in clinical profession or relevant healthcare field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience in ambulatory/physician practice or in the payer sector in population management/utilization review.
- Management experience strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in bringing physician practices to NCQA recognition.
- Detailed knowledge of NCQA standards, elements and factors required for 2011 recognition at all Levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of population health management
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experience in case management preferred.
The Advisory Board Company - 2 years ago
The Advisory Board Company and its subsidiaries provides best practices research, analysis, executive education and leadership development,...