Overview Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer and operates in four business segments: Terex Aerial Work Platforms, Terex Construction, Terex Cranes, and Terex Materials Processing. Terex manufactures a broad range of equipment for use in various industries, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, shipping, transportation, refining, energy and utility industries.
JOB TITLE: Director of Operations
JOB SUMMARY: The position will plan, organize, develop, direct and control the activities of the Operations area to accomplish the short and long-range goals and objectives. This position will work closely with the Team in all activities to ensure the safety, profitability and success of the product team. This includes but is not limited to leadership and supervision of Team Members in a Continuous Improvement Environment and utilizing Lean Principles with a focus on Safety, Quality and Customer Responsiveness. Responsibilities MAJOR TASKS: Directs production operations for multiple products, customers and broad product mix. Lead a multi-disciplined team to achieve operational excellence in support of company vision, including on-time delivery, delivered quality, productivity improvement/cost reductions, purchased goods quality and delivery.
A 4 year degree in Engineering or Business required.
- Provide leadership to Safety, Assembly, Fabrication, Paint, Maintenance, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering areas.
- Work closely with leadership team to drive operational improvements, order fulfillment, quality control, shipping, delivery and coordinating merchandise processing issues.
- Review metrics including inventories, production, quality, profitability and sales
- Identify and reduce variation in process to improve customer satisfaction and quality ultimately reducing cost and waste
- Strategic planning of the operation
- Direct activities of production personnel engaged in manufacturing including lean manufacturing, 5S Visual controls, improvement activities and Terex Business System.
- Identifies production CAPEX requirements to ensure capability supports organizational strategies
- Develop department goals, tactics and objectives to ensure alignment with company strategy
- Evaluate and expeditiously evaluate complaints and act on them from the appropriate Aftermarket, Sales and/or other key department managers
- Prepare, review and manage operation budgets that ensure all financial objectives are achieved
- Ensure safety initiatives are followed
- Train, develop, and coach direct reports in hiring, staffing levels, productivity, staff development, disciplinary actions and human resource policy
- Ability to lead people, to pull teams together; to develop people and to lead independently.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in problem solving activities and creating change.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities in a continuously changing environment.
- Managing a flow process that is in accordance with accepted JIT practices and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Demonstrated ability of strong training skills and a strong belief in the importance of continuous training and a strong orientation towards continuous improvement.
- Good verbal and written communication skills: ability to create partnerships with suppliers and internal resources to support customer requirements.
- Able to effectively create a vision based on company goals, initiate projects and facilitate their execution, using available resources and Lean techniques.
- Demonstrates an understanding and support of company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates high respect for people as individuals and as members of a company team.
- Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications EDUCATION/TRAINING
A minimum of 7-10 years' experience in manufacturing management experience in a lean heavy equipment manufacturing environment. Must have multi functional background (i.e. fabrication, welding, paint, and assembly processes). Must be performance driven.
- Demonstrated leadership skills that create an engaged Team Member environment
- Production experience, with proven operations leadership experience
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodology (lean manufacturing, JIT, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen techniques, etc.)
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal management, staff as well as outside clients and vendors
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion required
- Exceptional communication and people skills
- Experience with budget management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Able and willing to change the status quo and effectively champion change
Must be willing to travel as needed
Terex - 16 months ago
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...