The Operations Director (OD) is responsible for maintaining a high level of member satisfaction and
retention in a group of clubs within an assigned geography of clubs. The OD reports to the VP,
Key Areas of Focus:
· Retaining club members
· Member satisfaction through execution of the Ten Essentials
· Team performance and effectiveness
· Maintaining .hospital clean. facilities
· Ensuring club staff is friendly
· P&L management
*For purposes of this job description, the term CSM will include General Managers in those clubs where no CSM is
The OD.s main responsibilities and essential job functions are to:
1. Develop a High Performing Team:
· Interview and provide hiring recommendations for CSMs.
· Train and develop CSMs so that they can effectively execute their job duties.
· Provide regular feedback on CSMs. performance to club.s General Manager (GM), partnering
with GM and/or Business Director (BD) as necessary to provide coaching, discipline and to
recommend terminations as appropriate.
· Provide recommendations to CSM and GM concerning pay raises, promotions and other
personnel actions for clean team, welcome team, babysitters and Sports Club for Kids team
members (CS team members).
· Role model and demand professionalism and team member compliance with TSI.s Ten Essentials
and company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, attendance, dress code and
code of conduct policies.
· Respond to team members. questions, complaints and grievances, working with the GM, CSM,
BD and/or TSI.s Human Resources Department as appropriate.
2. Increase Member Retention:
· Ensure clubs meet or exceed their monthly retention goals.
· Set minimum performance criteria for CSMs with respect to membership cancels and billing
saves, and coach and re-direct performance as necessary to ensure that goals are met.
· Analyze direct member and web feedback and partner with CSMs to build action plans that
effectively address the feedback.
· Ensure clubs are effectively using the morning walk thru and other operational tools as necessary
to coach team performance and resolve service issues.
· Partner with CSMs and GMs to schedule CS team members in a manner that delivers the highest
level of service in a cost-efficient way.
· Review clubs. retention data daily and provide motivation and redirection to CSMs and the CS
team members as necessary to make sure clubs meet or exceed monthly goals.
3. Deliver a Great Member Experience:
· Visit clubs regularly and walk through clubs to evaluate customer service and cleanliness,
immediately addressing any deficiencies.
· Role model and actively promote the flawless execution of TSI.s Ten Essentials by all team
members, providing coaching and performance feedback to CSMs and the CS team members as
· Partner with CSM and GM to manage the effective and efficient resolution of member service
· Ensure that clubs provide high levels of customer service, consistently clean clubs, friendly
service, and responsiveness to member feedback and complaints.
· Partner with clubs to quickly address any maintenance or equipment issues that are visible to
Required Skills and Experience:
· 5-10 years of multi-unit management experience in a fitness, hospitality or retail environment,
including direct experience in profit and loss management, revenue generation and people
· Direct experience translating strategy into executable initiatives and action plans that drive
· Ability to travel between clubs
· Physical demands include ability to walk through all areas of clubs, climbing stairs (where
applicable), and bending and lifting (e.g., picking up towels, restacking of weights, moving of
equipment as necessary)
· BA or BS degree (preferred)
Town Sports International - 23 months ago
Town Sports International Holdings, Inc. (TSI Holdings) is an operator of fitness clubs in the northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the...