Operations Engineer (Light Stabilizer Unit)-1202933
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for supporting the day to day operation of the Light Stabilizer Unit. Provides technical support needed to execute the required production plan. Requires strong leadership in the area of safe plant operation and adherence to BASF Process Safety rules and policies. Plays an important role in driving standardization across shifts, optimizes fixed and variable unit costs, and works closely with other support groups like Maintenance to ensure that proper priorities are placed on items in the Maintenance backlog. Instrumental in leading troubleshooting efforts when problems arise, this position is a solution provider.
- Provide guidance and input to the achievement and development of plant goals, objectives, and operational budgets.
- Support the union contract as needed.
- Generate and complete MOC's, revalidate temporary MOC's to confirm they are still valid.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to daily operational team for plant problems that occur.
- Provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production, EHS and quality incidents.
- Ensure proper documentation of operating files, records, procedures and technical files and the annual recertification of their applicability.
- Identify Lean opportunities and support implementation of these Lean projects.
- Assist and support Production Supervisor to ensure scheduling for adequate shift coverage is maintained.
- Interface with suppliers, customers and vendors as needed to maintain plant operation.
- Monitor and track critical supplies, solvents, catalysts, and other materials on an as needed basis.
- Partner with the Production Supervisor to maintain the safe operation and reliability of the plant.
- Provide automation support as needed.
- Support, lead and role model EHS activities and EHS processes.
- Support accident incident investigations as needed to ensure root cause analysis and corrective actions to prevent reoccurence.
- Responsible for critical PSM/RMP/RCMS elements and processes, MOC's, PSSR's, interlock and bypass procedures, safe work permit, lockout tagout, operational procedures, confined space, employee participation, and hot work.
- Perform daily observations on safe work practices, compliance to basic rules, and set high standards for housekeeping.
- Work with Production Maintenance Coordinator to set priorities for equipment repairs.
- Ensure equipment preps/practices are standardized and consistent among all shifts to assure timely delivery of equipment to maintenance.
- Function as liaison with service groups and outside contractors to ensure that the work related to the production facilities is accomplished correctly, promptly and in the most cost effective manner.
- Provide technical and leadership support to the technology group to implement plant trials as needed.
- Support the training process with required technical subject matter as needed.
- Review and validate production data and production reports as needed to support the production accounting process.
- Interface with the scheduling and shipment of products, wastes, co-products and inbound raw materials as needed.
- Support Production Supervisor in the alignment of shift activities and shift goals.
- Participate in the optimization of scheduled and unscheduled downtime.
- Assist the Production Maintenance Coordinator in the coordination, planning, and execution of shutdown or turnaround work including maintenance and capital activities.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BS degree in an Engineering field (Chemical Engineering preferred) or Chemistry
- 5+ years experience in maintenance, project engineering or production engineering in a chemical plant
- Must demontrate strong agility in the following competencies: Entrepreneurial Action, Strategic Thinking, Business and Financial Acumen, Leading Employees to Success, Strive for Achievement, Analytical Thinking, Work Management, Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail, Teamworking, Conflict Management
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-McIntosh
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
BASF - 18 months ago
BASF SE, formerly BASF AG, is a Germany-based chemical company. The Company has six business segments: Chemicals, Plastics, Performance...