We have a need for Senior VoIP Support Engineer with at least three to four years of routing and switching experience. An Associates or Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science is required plus two years of experience. Years of experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
The ideal candidate will have strong IP Networking skills, excellent communication skills and enjoys being part of a high powered team. In addition to trouble-shooting escalated voice and network issues, duties will also include assistance in network maintenance activities, working with high end customer accounts, designing and supporting complex customer networks and working with core networking and scripting technologies such as OSPF , BGP , MPLS , EIGRP , SIP , RTP , MGCP , VPN , and RSTP /STP. Additionally, the candidate would have knowledge and experience with scripting languages like Bash, PHP , Python, Perl, Expect or similar.
- - 30% Resolving escalated trouble tickets related to voice and network issues. ( SIP traces, log file review, IGP routing changes,
- - Quality of Service etc.)
- - 30% Monitoring the network and identifying advancements and efficiencies to help streamline problem solving and reducing ticket volume.
- - 20% Developing training material and troubleshooting processes for the service and support team.
- - 10% Completing quality assurance reviews of new installations.
- - 10% Managing the technical relationship with strategic accounts (high MRC customers).
- - Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients’ needs or assist Engineering in network maintenance activities.
- - A positive customer service attitude and willingness to provide exceptional service.
- - Detail oriented.
- - Minimum of three to four years of routing and switching experience, minimum of one to two years of IP telephony experience and a minimum of four years customer service related experience.
- - CCNA R&S required. CCNP R&S + CCNA Voice preferred. .
- - Experience with carrier grade voice switching platform preferred (BroadSoft, Acme, Sonus, Metaswitch, Cisco Call Manager).
- - Preferred experience in a 99.999% uptime carrier or large enterprise environment.