Facility: Oak Brook, IL
Latisys prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented environment. As a fast growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be.
Latisys is seeking a motivated individual to d irect the day-to-day management of the data center critical infrastructure. This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Latisys offers an extensive benefits package to its employees, including 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, employee assistance program, paid life insurance, paid AD&D, paid short term and long term disability, paid time off and paid company holidays.
If you are interested in joining our company, apply now
- Oversee electrical and mechanical contractor work and operations
- Perform power distribution, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC start-up operations
- Implement policies and procedures adhering to data center best practices
- Establish and employ Power plant and Mechanical plant Rounds, Readings, and Log Functions
- Document and report all problems
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Conduct capacity planning management
- Areas of responsibility include: Critical and emergency power infrastructure, Power distribution systems, HVAC cooling and cooling distribution systems, Facility controls and monitoring systems, Cable plant and Security and access control systems
- Optimize all aspects of the Data Center Operations
- Documents and reports Data Center Operations key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Perform on-call duties in accordance with company procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Other duties as assigned
- Train new employees regarding critical infrastructure as well as Operation’s policies and procedures
Education and/or Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels (from COO to non-technical staff)
- Thorough understanding of power, cooling, and space management
- Willing to work in a fast-paced ever changing dynamic environment with the ability to identify potential problems before they happen
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in enterprise class data center operations—preferably in a data center provider/colocation environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Most work is done in an area where normal office noise is present and people are moving around frequently, as well as the normal noise of a data center where machinery is running 24x7x365.
Latisys is a leading provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services and disaster recovery solutions to medium-sized businesses,...