At RJMetrics, we inspire and empower data-driven people with powerful hosted software. Hundreds of high-growth e-commerce and software as a service businesses use our analytics platform to collaborate and make smarter decisions using data.
RJMetrics is backed by some of the most successful technology investors in New York and Silicon Valley, but we are Philly born and raised. We are located in the heart of Center City Philadelphia in convenient proximity to all major rail lines.
We are a small team tackling big problems, and we need your help to make our engineering organization smarter and more efficient. We embrace the term " DevOps " - our Operations team is charged with building systems and tools that enable any engineer to perform operations tasks - from provisioning and deployment, to monitoring and alerting, to maintanence.
We like to deploy and experiment at break-neck speed, and you will make sure we are doing this safely. You'll never get stuck carrying the load of tedious tasks and on-duty schedules, because we believe these should be automated away or spread throughout the entire team . Some of the challenges you can expect to face include:
In return, you will get to enjoy the perks of working at a fast-growing technology startup. You will get to build your own working environment with whatever hardware, software and furniture you need to be most effective. You will be given a stake in the company's success through stock options, along with a competitive salary, plus medical, vision and dental insurance paid for by the company. If you're here late, we'll even throw in dinner. Most importantly, you will help define the future of a promising company.
- build rapid deployment into all of our projects
- make critical services highly available, and set best practices for others to do the same
- set standards for security, and then improve these standards by trying to break them
- design and build elasticity into cloud-based services
- design networks and environments that allow our engineers to be effective from anywhere in the world
This is a full time position located on site.
- Passion for all things Linux
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience running a website in a production environment
- Programming experience and scripting skills (in a langauge like bash, perl, python, ruby, php, or similar)
- Amazon AWS experience a plus
- Puppet or Chef configuration experience a plus