Revel Systems is looking for an Operations Engineer to help us change the way people do business. We have created revolutionary software and paired it with the iPad to cause a massive paradigm shift in the Point-of-Sale industry. We won Best Business App at Macworld and Most Innovative POS System at the RSPA Conference. Were kind of a big deal.
We are led by a team of passionate entrepreneurs who work extremely hard to make an impact in an industry ripe for change. As a venture-backed and profitable company, we are quickly scaling and are looking for like-minded, energetic candidates. You will have broad and continuously changing operational responsibilities related to sales operations, technical support, supply chain management, etc. If you have a get it done attitude, arent afraid to get your hands a little dirty, and like to solve problems, then we want you!
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection and software issues with internal IT infrastructure as well as Revel production servers in the cloud. Escalate requests as needed.
- Replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
- Monitor Revel services and keep them online and up-to-date. Perform software updates.
- Perform routine server security monitoring and performance benchmarking.
- Introduce automation tools for day-to-day operations.
- Maintain online and off-site backups.
- Conduct technology training for new users.
- Complete special projects as requested to improve companys IT infrastructure.
A Couple Requirements:
- 17 days off a year
- Your own MacBook, iPad and iPhone
- Friday Happy Hour
- Convenient downtown location
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Impromptu weekend trips to Mexico and Tahoe (no, really.)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of four years prior experience.
- Strong Linux administration skills (Ubuntu flavor)
- Python experience is a must.
- RDBMS experience, preferably PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of TCP/IP stack
- The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service is required.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Self-motivated, being able to work with minimal supervision.
- Deployment automation experience, fabric is a preference.
- Certifications such as LPI is a plus.
- Django knowledge is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Revel Systems - 11 months ago