Operations Engineering Analyst
Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
Division/Department: New Ventures Operations Reporting to: John Campbell
This position is responsible to provide specialized drilling, completion, and production support to operational staff, as well as asset team staff. Candidate must enjoy working with a variety of people, and multiple projects at the same time. Successful candidate enjoys a challenge, understands when certain tasks are on a tight time line, work product must be delved on time. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Data entry. Entering production, completion, and drilling information into various data bases as required. Information must be inputted accurately on timely.
- Data review. Reviewing certain daily reports, checking for accuracy, and that reports are following standard protocols.
- Data research. Researching on IHS, or other data bases, for production, drilling, and completion information as requested. Organizing data into useful formats, including the development of offset Days vs Depth drilling curves.
- Report generation. Responsible for monthly production reports, after well DVD curves, and other Operations engineering type reports.
- Assist in cost control measures. Reviewing and tracking AFE’s. Work with accounting business partners to ensure data is accurate and timely.
- Special projects. This is a very varied role. Successful candidate must like research, often being asked to gather information about a new area, or new process.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel and Power Point Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS VBA.
- Minimum of 3 years of oil and gas experience. Must have good understanding of industry terminology, and general business knowledge of work request, work, invoicing, etc… how business is done.
- Bachelor degree preferred. BA or BS in mathematics, computer programming, engineering – the goal being an unbiased thinker. Candidates with exceptional experience and skills could be successful without a college degree.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivation, detail-orientation and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions .
SouthWestern Energy Company - 12 months ago