The Prospect Park Alliance, working in partnership with City of New York and the community, restores, develops, and operates Prospect Park for the enjoyment of all by caring for the natural environment, preserving historic design, and serving the public through facilities and programs. Prospect Park is Brooklyn’s 585-acre historic flagship park, designed by the famed Olmsted and Vaux. It is the home of Brooklyn’s only lake and forest, with nature trails, numerous recreational activities, public educational programs, and volunteer opportunities.
The Operations Facility Project Coordinator will work with both Operations’ administrative and maintenance staff, outside agents, and other Prospect Park departments to coordinate and ensure that facilities, structures, and amenities within Prospect Park and Parade Ground, along with their surroundings, are functioning at the highest levels and provide the best possible customer service opportunity. This position reports directly to the Chief of Operations.
Responsibilities for the Operations Facility Project Coordinator include but are not limited to:
Candidates for the Operations Facility Project Coordinator position must have:
- Serving as the primary liaison to other Prospect Park departments for coordination of facility maintenance, repairs, and special projects
- Coordinating and follow-up with maintenance and facility/fix-it staff for facility work orders and job requests
- Monitor, assess, direct, and ensure repairs and maintenance needs for utilities, facility systems, and structures are met in a timely fashion; follow-up with appropriate agents/units as necessary
- Coordinate maintenance and monitoring of facility safety systems, including security and fire alarms, etc.
- Schedule routine maintenance service inspections, facilitate vendor contracts, and coordinate work and payments for vendor services as necessary
- Conduct inspections of Park facilities and structures including pathways, grounds, and landscapes surrounding and/or adjacent to facilities to check for appearance and safety issues
- Assist in updating the maintenance and procedural manuals as well as schedules for each facility; utilize AMPS and other Parks’ protocols for data input
- Perform minor repairs and/or related maintenance tasks as needed, including oversight of electric vehicles
- Assist with special projects and programs directed by the Park Administrator’s office
- Provide general administrative support for the Operations department
The ideal candidate is familiar with accessibility requirements and has second language skills as well as experience working with city or public service organization.
- High School diploma or equivalent required and a minimum of four years administrative support experience, preferably in a customer service setting
- OR a 4-year college degree & minimum of 2 years experience; or Graduate degree & minimum 1 year experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and management skills are a must
- Outgoing personality with ability to develop and maintain strong relationships, and experience working with diverse constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility, as well as be proactive and able to work both independently and as a team member
- Knowledge of computer systems, Microsoft software applications and Internet usage
- A license valid in the state of New York is required, as is the willingness to drive Parks vehicles
The schedule for the Operations Facility Project Coordinator position is M-F at 40 hours per week. Occasional weekend work. The salary for this position is up to $30,000, depending on experience.
This position is eligible for benefits including a tax-deferred 403(b) plan.
Prospect Park Alliance - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard