Primary Objective: Support the Senior Operations Analyst in developing financial, operational and strategic models and presentations. Provide a critical link between operations and accounting and generate timely analytical reports. Assist in the development of financial, accounting and budgeting programs as well as daily operation and internal control of the finance department. Prepares ad hoc reporting for departments as requested.
Major Functions and Scope:
· Prepares and presents analyses in support of operational and strategic plans.
· Prepares and presents financial models to evaluate economics of capital deployment alternatives, evaluate leverage, capital structure and other scenarios as requested by the Senior Operations Analyst.
· Prepares and presents components of the annual budget, forecast, variance analyses and related sensitivities.
· Loads financial budgets and forecasts into a new ERP system.
· Preparation of dashboards, metrics, key performance indicators, board of director packages and lender presentations.
· Develops cash forecasts and assist with treasury and cash management.
· Assists Senior Operations Analyst in planning and execution of operational cost analysis to enhance profitability and recovery rates.
· Assists in preparing industry analyses, competitor and benchmark analyses.
· Participates in the development and maintenance of the financial books and reports for the company.
· Participates in the coordination of the annual audit process and assists outside auditors in researching and verifying financial data.
· Develops ad hoc and specialized reporting for operations in conjunction with IT department utilizing various databases and software applications.
· Assists in maintaining integrity of the company’s accounting system through effective accounting control, policies, and reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
· Performs other related duties and/or special projects as required.
Education and Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, computer science, business systems analysis or other business related field. CPA or CFA certification helpful but not required.
Experience: Two to four years accounting/finance experience in either the public or private sectors.
Competencies: Thorough knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, Microsoft Excel, and basic modeling skills are required. Developed knowledge of oil and gas accounting and operations. High degree of integrity; highly ethical. Team building and organizational skills. Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, adhering to strict timelines. Strong interpersonal skills. Good communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Demonstrated leadership and management ability. High degree of initiative and independent judgment. Well developed analytical and problem solving abilities. Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines. Able to write reports, business correspondence. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to develop and manage budgets. Able to facilitate new thinking on cross-functional teams. Computer skills; accounting software, database, spreadsheet and report writing capabilities.