Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
- Plan the drilling of horizontal wellbores in an integrated team environment.
- Utilize geosteering techniques and software to interpret lateral placement in a fast paced, real time setting.
- Work within a dynamic team environment including geologists, geophysicists, engineers and wellsite personnel.
- Supervise well logging and coring operations
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology.
- Previous geosteering experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions .