Who We Are:
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, Harlan Laboratories is a privately held global provider of essential pre-clinical research tools and services that enable innovative and efficient discovery and development research. We work with the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, agrochemical, chemical and food industries, as well as universities, government, and other research organizations. We have expanded through both acquisitions and organic growth, and we are known to our customers for our consistent product quality and customer service. Our focus is on providing customers with products and services to optimize the discovery and safety of new medicines and compounds.
Is Harlan Right For You?
Are you enthusiastic and high energy? Do you have a zest for making a difference? Are you passionate about delivering meaningful results and contributing to the success of an organization? Then consider a career at Harlan and together, we can achieve extraordinary outcomes.
- Avoid contact with rodent species outside of work
- Perform all duties of an Animal Technician
- Teach animal care skills and techniques to new technicians
- Oversee and suggest improvements in the work and procedural compliance of animal technicians assigned to group
- Assure compliance with assigned colony levels and production goals and maintain animal inventories in precisely weighed and aged groups
- Coordinate and oversee the shipping of animals without supervision
- Work within changing shift times and rotating overtime schedule
- Adhere to strict procedure for entering and leaving animal production barriers
- Provide food, water, and clean housing to animals according to a rigid schedule
- Inject and medicate animals according to procedure
- Monitor and evaluate the work of animal care personnel in an impartial manner
- Other duties as assigned
Harlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and efficiently
- Accurately calculate and record numbers
- Able to evaluate the work of others in a fair and impartial manner
- Good communication skills with both employees and management
- Able to work well with minimal supervision
- Work in a standing position that will require bending and stretching of arms and legs throughout regular work shift
Harlan Laboratories - 17 months ago