Genworth Financial is seeking an intern to work part time during the Fall/Spring Semester and full time during the Summer in Lynchburg, Virginia. The Operations Intern will have the following responsibilities:
•Perform daily GL booking of Cash Receipts.
•Perform daily interface balancing of various admin systems to the Enterprise Wide Disbursement (EWD) system.
•Research outstanding EWD checks and correspond to the client when necessary
•Review, analyze and process work items within the outstanding check work ques.
•Prepare unclaimed property templates as well as journal entries for checks needing to be turned over to the R&P Unclaimed Property Unit.
•Perform at or above individual quality, productivity, and timeliness standards.
•Achieve positive team goals and results by adapting to varying work schedules, improving through feedback, participating in teams and maintaining strong/ongoing relationships with customers.
•Other projects/duties as assigned.
• Sophomore/Junior in College
• Ability to work up to 20 hours per week during the Fall/Spring Semester and 40 hours per week over the Summer in Lynchburg, Virginia
• Ability to promote a positive work environment at all times.
• Strong analytical and business problem solving skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Results oriented, ability to meet and exceed objectives and handle multiple deadlines and priorities.
• Strong communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Students pursing a degree in Accounting.
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....