Location: Kearny, NJ – US
The Operations Manager is accountable for leading employees to deliver the specified business results for the Kearny, NJ roofing and asphalt manufacturing plant.
The Operations Manager is expected to lead with a clear view of where the organization needs to be in 1-3 years and consistently deliver results to achieve that view, lead with a decision making approach that models and teaches the proper inclusion of analytics, team ideas and personal experiences, communicate in a way that positively shapes customer, team member and community action, and build the talent pipeline by growing all team members and recruiting the best of the best.
The Operations Manager reports to the Plant Manager.
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Ensuring a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment and building a culture where safety is a first priority
- Training and developing employees to safely perform their jobs
- Leading and supporting safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries
- Effectively communicating Owens Corning’s stand on safety throughout the Operations Department to ensure front line leaders (where they exist) and employees believe in and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone’s responsibility, and that working safely is a condition of employment at Owens Corning
Knowing our Customers
- Understanding and communicating customer expectations throughout the Operations Department, and ensuring that all products meet customer specifications, standards and requirements
- Ensuring timely and accurate production to schedules in order to meet or exceed delivery to promise
- Ensuring operational procedures exist and are followed to product specifications and quality metrics are met to meet customers’ needs
- Facilitating a culture to maintain, improve and/or develop customer relationships
Executing Strategy and Directing Operations
- Determining organizational objectives and priorities in support of the Plant’s strategy and vision, and for developing teams to deliver results in support of these objectives and priorities; leaving daily tactical direction to Production Supervision/Lead Persons.
- The successful operation of activities of major significance to the organization. Making operational decisions or recommendations that could affect the financial, employee, or public relations posture of the organization
- Living the values and vision of the Company; establish an engaged workforce characterized by mutual trust, open communications, teamwork, and recognition
- Leading a lean culture environment through six sigma processes and toolsets
- Assigning and coordinating the work in a manufacturing department to include supervising first line leaders (where they exist), and analyze productivity reports
- Preparing budgets relative to capital expenditures, manpower, production, and space forecasting
- Facilitating process improvements through people deployment, productivity enhancements, high performance work teams and being a model for change
- Developing and leading strategic business plans; accountable for delivering plant performance metrics
- Utilizing data driven decision-making processes, such as Six Sigma
- Driving alignment between all plant departments
Leading and Developing Talent
- Creating and sustaining a culture where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation
- Effectively staffing the organization, providing competent people and the appropriate mix of internal and external talent to satisfy both near-term and long-term succession needs
- Investing in the growth and development of individuals identified as high potential talent
- Establishing clear and measurable expectations of performance and review commitments to ensure goals are achieved; completing first line leader performance appraisals and coaching employees to develop and execute growth and development plans
- Creating, monitoring and enforcing plant policies in a consistent manner to ensure a positive labor environment
- Maintaining documentation, tracking, counseling and executing coaching and corrective action when performance issues occur
- Actively leading and building effective work teams and committees to increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- A minimum of 7 years progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing facility or environment
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Engineering required, Master’s degree in related area preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Certification is preferred
- Experience working in a union environment preferred
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites found in the automotive industry to innovative roofing products to energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011, and we are preparing to celebrate our 75th anniversary in 2013. A Fortune® 500 company for 58 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 28 countries reaching across five continents. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Owens Corning - 18 months ago
Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company is a top...