At PetSmart, everyone plays a role in helping to create healthy, happy pets… while having some fun along the way! If you have a passion for strategic thinking, problem solving and creative solutions that will ultimately take care of our pet parents, then you should consider a career at PetSmart.
We’re currently searching for talented undergraduates in their senior year for full-time positions in our stores. The Operations Manager, Leader in Training position is part of a leadership development program that allows new college graduates an opportunity to explore all leadership positions within a store to position new graduates to be a successful leader in our organization.
As an Operations Manager, you will lead and supervise other managers and associates within 3-6 months. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for the entire store operation and will execute the business plan that will deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining Unleashed customer service.
What to expect from us:
What we expect from you:
- 3-4 months of comprehensive training
- Tour of leadership through key managerial positions within our stores
- Leadership responsibilities such as safety/security of company assets, Pet Parents, pets, and associates; advertising and marketing plan execution; and analyzing payroll reports
- Full management training to build critical leadership skills as a foundation for your career
- Assigned mentor
o Recent recipient of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Dedicated, hard working students passionate about our business, the retail environment, and pets
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills on campus
- Additional Required Qualifications
o 1-3 years of retail experience
o Proficiency using computer applications, voice mail, and e-mail communications
o Solid analytical skills
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o Must be motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, with strong organizational and team skills
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...