The successful candidate should have at least 5 years of professional experience in a medical/healthcare setting along with a graduate social work degree and demonstrated leadership skills.
• Minimum Master’s degree in Social Work with 3-5 years of experience working in a highly complex department within an academic medical center.
• Social Work license with 3-5 years of such experience is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills related to 1:1 communication with families, 1:1 communication with staff, leaders and physicians as well as platform/presentation skills within groups.
• Demonstrated track record of the ability to work collaboratively with patients, families, staff, leaders and physicians at all levels within the Hospital and across the Care Network.
• Excellent organizational skills and experience in managing an institutional function requiring systems thinking in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• Experience working under time constraints and multiple priorities while maintain a calm and professional approach that is compassionate and at the same time efficient.
• Experience managing confidential and highly sensitive information and situations in which the parties involved may be angry and or resistant to suggestions for follow-up.
• Demonstrated track record of effectively managing within a fast-paced office setting in which there are competing priorities, the requirement to simultaneously manage multiple projects and the need to make timely decisions based on sound judgment and experience
• Knowledge and understanding about organizational reporting in an academic medical center as well as familiarity with medical staff and nursing department structures and systems.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is seeking an experienced Operations Manager- Social Work and Family Services join our team to lead. This leadership role is responsible for the overall operation and ongoing development of the hospital’s Social Work and Family Services Programs. Will partner with Director and other divisional leaders to advance staff and team performance, development professional education programs and resources to ensure consistent high-performance and best practice across the organization, inclusive of policy and procedures. This role provides supervision inclusive of performance management, coaching and ongoing professional development to a cluster of Social Work Staff resulting in both individual and team performance improvement.
As a leader in the Department of Social Work and Family Services, actively participates in and leads selected departmental and institution-wide projects, committees and initiatives that advance Social Work practice and the Family Services programs as well as enhances collaboration with colleagues, and support improvements in the care and experience of children and families. Responsible for strengthening and expanding the professional development and internship program, implementing and overseeing a shared governance council for practice management, clinical resources and departmental communications. Serves as steward of department’s financial resources and works with leadership team to set targets, increase philanthropy and recognition of program. Develop analytics and productivity measures that reflect scope of service and seeks to find innovation solutions/products to best support staff and provide necessary data on impact to patient and family experience.
1. Provides leadership based on the principles of quality, access and cost. Builds and maintains effective working relationships with program vendors, works with Business Manager and Supply Chain to develop and manage contracts for resources and services provided to patients and families. Develops and/or utilizes vendors’ systems to improve access and scheduling of services for patients and families.
2. Provides ongoing system-wide assessment and education with departmental, clinical and medical leaders to promote social work and family services cadre of programs. Develops policies and processes that reflect the principals of patient and family centered care. Responds to concerns from patients/families and staff regarding services. Ensures institutional compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory standards in provision of Social Work and Family Services umbrella.
3. Participates in the orientation and training programs for staff and departments across the organization re: Social Work and Family Servicex. Identifies opportunities to meet the educational needs of patients, families and staff via internal interdisciplinary initiatives by serving on councils, providing feedback to workgroups and promoting interdisciplinary efforts.
4. Provides supervision and coaching to assigned Social Workers to ensure effective social work services that may include: psychosocial assessments with patients and/or caregivers, ongoing collaboration with care teams, making referrals and sharing information with staff from other agencies and programs, as appropriate and in accordance with confidentiality guidelines and relevant law.
5. Evaluates the effectiveness of professional services and adjusts/redefines goals and modalities as indicated for Social Work and Family Services. Adhere to professional medical-legal reporting requirements. Incorporates professional standards of practice and regulatory requirements into care and services provided.
6. Recruits, selects and develops orientation plans for new staff. Assures appropriate personnel are assigned to consistently meet patient care needs and effectively manage gaps in staffing. Develops and utilizes creative staffing strategies to meet daily patient care needs. Supports the professional growth and development of staff via committee or work group participation/leadership on a departmental, unit/service based or institutional level. Encourages staff to participate in community based activities related to job function or assignment.
7. Demonstrates and models professional behaviors and serves as a mentor/coach for staff. Subscribes and adheres to the NASW Code of Ethics.
8. Assumes departmental administrator on call duties in rotation. Responsible to manage all personnel and financial management systems as assigned (STAR, CHOPONE, etc.) for assigned staff.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 19 months ago
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...