Operations Manager, Yahoo! SMB
Yahoo! is focused on making the world's daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog (yodel.yahoo.com).
A Manager at Yahoo! Small Business is responsible for managing a
team of product specialists. He/she will ensure that Yahoo Small Business
customers receive world-class service through effective operations management
and focus on the development of excellent people and processes and continual
improvements in performance and productivity.
* Monitors and administers workload and work schedules to ensure departmental
quality and productivity goals are met.
* Monitor team attendance and punctuality in support of department goals.
* Ensures team is meeting/exceeding service level and customer satisfaction
requirements in a multi-product service environment.
* Supports employee development through training, formal and informal coaching
and performance appraisal.
* Fosters team spirit and high employee morale.
* Supports & conducts recruiting and interviewing as needed
* Reviews and refines current processes/procedures/tools, identifying new
opportunities and developing new methods to improve overall efficiency and
* Works with other team members on implementation of new products and services,
in support of overall department and company objectives.
* Ensures that the performance of Yahoo! Small Business contributes to the
company's goals and enhances both the customer and user experience.
* Works closely with other teams and departments within company to facilitate
effective inter-departmental communication.
* Responds to and resolves escalated client issues with good judgment and
emphasis on customer satisfaction.
* Supports department and company projects as required.
* 3-5 years of direct operations management experience, in a customer contact
environment, successfully managing non-exempt as well as temporary employees.
* Demonstrated success in maximizing team performance and productivity
* Outstanding interpersonal analytical and problem-resolution skills.
* Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments with effective resolution of
conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work flexible hours and days, including weekends, evenings, and
holidays, as required.
* Ability to think creatively in the development of ideas/solutions that will
contribute value in a dynamic, client-centered environment.
* Demonstrated success in maximizing large team performance and productivity,
driving towards goals and metrics.
* Strong understanding of, and experience in, successfully managing contact
center environments, including supporting technologies.
* Demonstrated superiority with troubleshooting skills, ability to think
outside of the box and find creative ways to solve customer problems.
* Knowledge of DNS and Web Hosting
* Intermediate knowledge of Perl, CGI, HTML, Java, and e-commerce
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
* Firm understanding of e-commerce principles and practices
* Strong coaching and development skill, as well as customer
* Knowledge of Yahoo! small business products a plus
* Previous experience in a B2B support model
* Experience with call center operations management
* Demonstrated success working independently, and as part of a team.
* Experience with cross sell and up-sell contact center environments.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Yahoo! Inc. - 16 months ago
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...